LED light too powerful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light too powerful?

I have 2 300 watt LED panels with 60 individual lights each with each one being (5 watt). I have had my plants going for a little over three weeks and it's absolutely insane the amount of growth. I topped it at the third node and....it's just unmanageable. As soon as the six new tops popped up and got a little bushy a couple days later the real growth began. Shoots shot out of every space possible at the same time, from the bottom set of leaves to the third where it was cut. Not just the second shoots that are forced out from topping , I'm talking about shoots that should have waited until I topped it the second time. So in closing, these lights have caused my plants to respond to topping by growing it's first and second topping leaves simultaneously. Just green everywhere and I'm really worried possible mold and other things. I'll post pics later but I'm taking around 25% of the leaves off around every 3 days. Slow overall vertical growth beacause of all the undergrowth. These bloomspect lights had reviews I read praising the "canopy penetration". I'm just overwhelmed. Sorry for the super long post. And lights are around 30 inches away so it's not that, 24 is recommended.

I have a Kind LED K3 Series L450 over Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil a trio of nutrients and have some OG Kush autos that are over 6' tall.
    Maybe they just respond so well to that powerful LED light trying to keep them down to a manageable size is the biggest challenge.
    I'm far from an expert though.

Comment

I use (2) 300 W LED's, 5000 Kelvin. I've only done two hydro grows, one with indica dominant and one that included a sativa dominant. The sativa acted like you describe. Very tall, very fast. So you might be seeing a characteristic having more to do with the strain than just the light. I've had to defoliate all my plants to help insure good light penetration. I never remove any leaves with less than a 1/2" stem.
      Good luck.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X