New grower needs advice about when to harvest. Pic attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower needs advice about when to harvest. Pic attached

This is my first grow and I didn't find GWE until recently so I've made a lot of mistakes along the way. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way it seems to be turning out so far. But I expect next time to be even better!

This plant is from a seed I found in a bag so I have no idea what strain it is. I'm growing in soil (Black Magic). Today is 10 weeks since I switched the lights to 12/12. Can you tell from this pic if it's getting close to harvest time?

Looks your for sure approaching your harvest window. Remember harvest a little early for a more psychedelic buzz and wait a bit longer to get the more relaxed body buzz. I'd say get a magnifying glass or jewelers loop and check your buds up close. Your looking for all cloudy trichs for your highest thx level. But your within a couple weeks or so from harvesting for sure.

Comment

• namelessghost
      namelessghost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I have a 60x mini microscope that I've used to look at the buds up close, but somehow it's still hard for me to tell if the trichs look ready, lol

Hey ghost, welcome to the forum, she looks very nice with all her brown pistils. I agree with Refa (and welcome to you, too): best method for harvest is a close look at trichomes. These jeweler's loupes are cheap and give you a really good view:
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• namelessghost
      namelessghost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, glad to be here! I'll try to take a picture through the mini microscope so I can post a closeup of the trichs.

I agree with the advice from above about using loupes for harvesting. You still got several weeks yet, you can't tell just by looking at Brown pistils, even though it does help some ,but you want those pistils all wrinkled and twisted and going the other way first. Good job growing such a pretty bud and also glad to have you here on GWE , Namelessghost welcome
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• namelessghost
      namelessghost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I know it's not a very big bud, but I think it's pretty, too.

Originally posted by Refatized View Post
    Looks your for sure approaching your harvest window. Remember harvest a little early for a more psychedelic buzz and wait a bit longer to get the more relaxed body buzz. I'd say get a magnifying glass or jewelers loop and check your buds up close. Your looking for all cloudy trichs for your highest thx level. But your within a couple weeks or so from harvesting for sure.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• Refatized
      Refatized commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol my phone decided thx msde more sense than thc, didn't catch that though thanks.

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      I just thought it was a great place to use that clip

• namelessghost
      namelessghost commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, great place to use that clip! You know, I didn't even notice it said thx at first, lol.

Daas and everyone above is 100% correct , your brownish/reddish hairs will stop sticking straight out and turn back in towards the bud , but trics is the ultimate decider and for a good view you'll need 60x or higher magnification

Comment

• namelessghost
      namelessghost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'm trying not to be impatient but it seems like the hairs will never curl in...

It's damn sure hard to see much progression in bud ripening close to harvest for me cause every time I walk by I have to take some more looks thru the microscope, and I already got a nice stash I don't know why I look at em so often,
    Cfls for a week or two
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Well, it seems nearly impossible for me to get a good picture through the mini microscope. Hopefully this closeup will be good enough.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, she looks good. I can see in that pic that some of those capitate trichomes are starting to form the mushroom head so it looks like they're gonna burst; just keep your eye on them closely and when a bunch of them look that way, cut her down!

Real pretty, just gonna keep getting prettier. You still got a good way yet ,but ain't it fun looking at em. MJ is really a beautiful plant.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Be patient, gonna get better.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X