Questions about scrog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about scrog

Hi all about to start my next grow i was wondering if u can manifold under a scrog. I want to because I like the idea of a manifold but want to run a scrog because of the height issue I have run into.
    My thought was to manifold, supercrop and scrog. The tall branches I supercroped on my blueberry did amazing.
    Can i do this or should I just top and top again like the scrog totiorial on gwe. Thanks.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Yes, I manifold and scrog. the manifold does a nice job of spreading the canopy and then the scrog provides a little more height control and canopy spreading. Pictures are not great from last grow, but the first is just starting the manifold. The second is in early flower under the screen. It was 3 Papaya photo period plants, 5 Gal fabric pots in dirt using manifold and scrog.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Nice, thanks. they look awsome. Can't wait to try the manifold
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Certainly something can be worked out between the 2, but at least to my mind the 2 training methods are at odds with each other.

ScrOG you're building to take advantage of horizontal space, where as a Manifold is to focus on a limited number of colas. It seems under a ScrOG you wouldn't want to remove any of the growth from between the "hubs" of a Manifold, plus you wouldn't want to top away so much veg growth. That initial topping under ScrOG is just a sacrifice to bush the plant out, from there any topping is top node just to spread out across the screen.

That's my view anyways. There's a few combinations that really kind of depend on one's view and what they're trying to accomplish. For example a grower who lollipops may benefit from adding defoliation, but a grower who defoliates may lessen their yield by adding lollipopping, to the training scheme.
        The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate that's why I asked because both training techniques seem contradictory. I asked because I need to scrog because of high issues but I want to manifold because it seems so cool. I might just keep it simple on 1 and go crazy on the other I am growing 2 plants in the scrog both the same.

That is excellent advice Ganj ,
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

You make a great point Ganj and I should have stated that my example above is really a hybrid between manifold and scrog. When I read Nebula's manifold tutorial a couple of years ago, she makes a point that you can stick with the 8 colas or manifold for 8 colas and let some other branches grow out. That is what we did and that is where the scrog net comes in handy. If you look at the pic above that is 3 plants manifolded for 8 main colas. There are way more than 24 tops there because we let extra branches shoot up and we spread them with the net.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X