Second Grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Grow journal

Hello GWE community! This is my second grow and im very excited because I know the strains this time! I bought 3 clones, One Alaskan Thunder F*ck, One Chocolope, and one headband. I also have a small white berry plant (the smallest one in the pictures) that I started a few weeks ago, it has had a couple of problems but now it is starting to grow and looks much better.

Setup:
    400 watt HPS
    Fox farm ocean forest soil
    Roots organics nutes
    small fan for ventilation

I gave them these nutes and im starting to see a lime green color on the outer part of some of the leaves, couldn't find what that might be. Anyone have any guesses?

Ooooh Awaken, that's gonna be a good harvest! How much nute are you feeling? Do you know those are good nutes?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Awaken5
      Awaken5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alltatup, I know im very excited for this grow. I went to my local grow shop and they were having a nutrient vender day, I got so many free samples it was ridicules. I dont know much about a lot of the brands I got. Heres a picture of what I got

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow you made out like a bandit. Can you take a clearer picture of the lime green plant, and again: how much nute are you feeding? You are sure you're giving right amounts and right nutes to that plant? If it's tiny, don't overfeed it!!

• Awaken5
      Awaken5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did haha, Ok so I went off the back of the bottles for seedling/cuttlings which was 1tsp per gal, for all of them. I check this morning and its getting much worse, it is showing up on all of them so it must h ave been the nutes. Just feed them just plain 6.5 phed water and next time I will give them half a tsp. The lime green is starting to turn to a burnt cooler, im thinking nut burn.

Copper deficiency?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Awaken, I don't think it's nute burn; that starts as brown tips. Sorry, but I'm a little suspicious of the nutes--It's like new companies comin out every day to jump on the cannabis cash wagon, and we all know they're not all trustworthy. Also pretty sure that you're over-using whatever combo you're using; exactly which nutes ARE you using?

Interesting what someone said on another forum about nute lockout (like Daskahn says):

A simplified definition of NUTRIONAL LOCKOUT:
      Can you imagine sitting a plate before a child at dinner time, with his most favorite food, hot dogs, ketchup and french fries? But also on the plate is a major portion of steamed broccoli, which he is just not fond of and insists on nibbling on. Now imagine telling that child, "you can not eat the hot dog and fries if you do not eat all the broccoli too". NUTRITONAL LOCKOUT is when the child responds with "well then, I just won't eat!"

Most nutes are nutritionally and PH balanced. But after being in your tank for 5 or 6 days, and being eaten from for 5 or 6 days, they become imbalanced. Perhaps you are growing plants that ate all the nitrogen first and just snacked around the iron, magnesium and calcium, or visa versa. The results are discoloration in the leaves, yellowing or rust spots, or curling up of leaf tips. It also becomes apparent when your plants were consuming a gallon or half gallon of water every day in your tank, and then suddenly when you check the levels the next day, they did not drink any water at all. This is NUTRITIONAL LOCKOUT.

Holy cow that's a lot of freebies.. well over 100$... but here's my opinion you have nutrient overload.. basically causing a lockout.. I would not add all of those nutes at the same time I'd pick like the best one for seedling and just go with it.. also this might be me but it looks like one of your plants has fallen over? I'd put a cut straw on that one get her standing again and lower the light.. Push the plants together they seem to be reaching for the center..

Comment

• Awaken5
      Awaken5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im LST my plants using wires to hold them down, I will use less nutes. Im sure I used way to much

Ok so its been awhile sense I updated this post, been pretty depressed and have had no motivation to post anything. First of all I had my first harvest last week, I really enjoyed trimming but most of the buds I put into edibles because they had some seeds in them from light leaks during flower. My clones have grown a lot but have a lot of problems by the looks of them, I havent had motivation to really work on these plants but im ready to get these girls back to where they were at. My watering schedule has been all messed up but I just fed them some 6.5 ph purified water feeding. The nutes I have been giving them are the roots organic Trinity(15ml per gal) , extreme serene (5ml per gal), bubba grow(15 ml per gal), and Cyco Ryzofuel 3ml per gal) full strength. The headband and the white berry look like they are doing good and they are not showing many spots on there leaves but the ATF and Chocolope have some so many leaf problems, the light is a 600 watt hps but I have it on a 60 percent and its probably 2 feet from the plants.

Comment

Hey awaken sorry to hear that your depressed I know how that is.. I know this might sound silly but sight outside for a bit no matter how annoying it maybe it might brighten your day up.. but anywho.. things could always be much worse that's kinda how I get through my day..

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Daskahn I'm convinced that I'm going to find the right CBD strain to help with anxiety/depression, and I think it's going to do waaaaaaay better than any prescription pill I ever took. Just a question of finding the right strain, and learning how to make oil for more of an extended release effect.

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me know how your search goes and maybe I can bum some seeds off ya lol

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's what I have coming:
        Cannatonic by iResin
        Red Poison auto by Sweet Seeds (shout out to PaganRich )
        CBD Critical Cure by Barney's Farm
        Purple Orange CBD by Dinafem

It's funny how all of a sudden I had enough knowledge to go ahead and get these seeds. Had to put all the info together and now I think I have a way better understanding of what CBD strains can do for me. I'm looking forward to my next two grows! Definitely want to learn to make cannacapsules too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X