Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 weeks in to flower

Hi fellow growers

a quick question I'm 9 weeks into flowering maybe 2-3 max to go. When should I stop feeding my plants nutes??

my buds were fat and dense and decided to give them nutes the other day after stopping for a week and a half?

the buds now don't feel as dense. How's this? Is it normal??

The general rule is you want to flush for two weeks. Maybe just add some molasses to the water during those two weeks you flush.

Maybe moisture has escaped your buds? BTW, if they were already fat and dense and you had gone 1.5 weeks with no nutes, why did you decide on adding more? I'm just curious.

Did your plants environment suddenly get dry as in the air?

Comment

The only reason I gave it nutes is because a friend decided aww they need more nutes. I was like no but listened to him anyways gave it nutes
      Haha knew I shouldn't have listened but never mind learn from mistakes

Ive used bud candy from week 2-6 seemed to do the trick.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Aloner If you read the article I linked above, you will see that he bases his argument on plant biology, not popular belief. We all have a tendency to believe what we WANT to believe, and I fall victim to that just like everyone else. IF I have "faith" that I'm doing something that will improve my final product, then I'll "believe" in that practice. But there is no scientific research done that demonstrates smoother smoke, ash difference or increased trichome production.

So for me on my quest to be rational and scientific about what's best for my plants on one plane (on another plane, I "believe" that loving them makes them grow better, etc.), I'm continueing to reseach this issue because I really want to understand cannabis botany as part of understanding how to grow well.

• Burny
        Burny commented
        Editing a comment
        I've actually grown the same strain and harvested at different times during the flush and there is definitely a difference in taste and flavor{in my opinion} the longer the flush. I actually flushed 1 of the plants in the GWE newsletter for 18 days before I cut the last few colas.

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen, atu.

Hi I wasn't planning to give them anymore nutes till a friend said "they are still needing nutes?"

I didnt really want to give them more nutes in the last 2-3 weeks but decided and listened to my friend.

was wrong in following his advice??

Should I just have fed water for last 2-3 weeks??

remember though they were getting nutes from week 1 through to week 7

Comment

We all have that one friend who says hold my beer and watch this. But all the experts seem to agree a two week flush is beneficial for a better flavor,less harshness and I think a little stress increases trichome production.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X