Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my auto Northern lights ready to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my auto Northern lights ready to harvest?

Hi everyone, I am a beginner. I have a few plants that i'm growing outdoors. First one to flower is my Autoflowering Northern Lights - it stayed quite small about 30 cm or 12 in. As of today at least 70-80% of pistils have turned in and are brown and the rest (20%) have brown tips. Is this a good time to harvest?

Comment

Congrats on bringing your plant up to this stage! 👍 When to harvest can be a matter of personal preference, provided you are within the harvest window described and illustrated in GWE. You're there, so it depends now upon if you're looking for a more stimulating, energetic high (cutting earlier when pistols still have some white and trichomes haven't gone amber), or waiting for the amber trichomes (when a more relaxing, even sedating effect occurs due to some THC degrading to CBN). Now these are generalizations, so there are variables which can still influence your potency and individual experience. Personally, like to harvest on the early side, for more of the stimulating effects. Enjoy the well earned bounty! 🐸
      Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
      Recent grows...
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Have some xp with autos and the answer is no nowhere near done the patience will pay off keep updating pics and we can guide you

Comment

Looking good but be patient those little buds double in size if you let them.

Comment

I'm new too Sofia. Great job on your grow so far. If I may, how does your plant smell at this point?i know NL is low odor.

i too get the same question as you though I know I have plenty of time to go. I only get to look at my plant twice a day but each time I do, I see how much longer my buds get and how every bud gets a little thicker. It's encouraging! I say just wait, go for bigger. Good luck.

Comment

Hey guys, thank you all for the feedback! Those pics were already two days old and this morning I wasn't seeing any all-white pistils so I went ahead and chopped. Now that I'm seeing your comments that seems a little premature but I have my first harvest! I will certainly post more pictures from my other plants in fall and get more input on the right timing.
              Now I am starting the drying process. I was curious if I should still use a 1 quart mason jar for the curing process since my harvest is not much and will likely fill only a third of the jar or should I just go with a smaller jar?

Comment

She's petite but looks great. Did you get a chance to look at her trichome color under a jewelers loupe or other magnifying device? I think you'll be happy regardless. At this point waiting may have just changed effects and maybe given you a marginal increase in yields. It sucks that it's a guessing game at times when coupled with lack of experience.

For this, on my next grow I plan to do either 2 or 4 plants. I going to pull two into harvest when I think it's ready based the information provided on GWE, and the other set I will give a few weeks more and then compare my yields and bioassay to see how stark the differences truly can be. I'll be sure to tag you when I get that thread started.

Comment

I think everyone here is Harvest prematurely not to worry some bud is better than no bud at all, depending on where your plants are actually at this will probably motivate you to let him finish on your next grow but congrats lot of people don't make it this far Welcome to our form.

Comment

I agree with Sammy, some bud is better than none but you will be better at harvesting at the right time your next grow. I'd say you did better than 50 percent of most new growers at least you got a little bud. Most don't make it that far.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

trichome color under a loupe looked more like plastic than glass, but for me it was hard to tell. I'll do better next time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X