Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first grow. Leaves curling and turning yellow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! My first grow. Leaves curling and turning yellow.

HI Azteca, welcome to the forum. She does seems to be struggling a bit. What strain is she?
    I'm not much of a soil grower myself (I grow in coco mostly) but I'd be tempted to give her some nutrient solution to bolster the soil.
    Those non-serrated leaves are weird too, was she a clone or from seed?
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

That looks, to me, like root rot.

Comment

Beach_Town_BritDJsublimeATLinCO Thanks so much for responding guys! okay so the strain is Amnesia OG from ROYAL QUEEN SEEDS and i planted the seed.The serrated leaves curled downward to the point and upward as well which is why it looks weird like that lol. thanks for the advice seriously. I bought some soil from KINDSOIL.COM which will help prepare them when i repot. I'm thinking i should repot so that the roots will get some dry soil but the bag of soil won't get here till two days from now. i also bought Rooters Mycorrhizae for the root rot but again, that won't be coming in until 2 days from now. in the mean time, any ideas. maybe get some rich organic NPK soil from LOWES and repot ?? dang man, these girls are getting worse by the minute SMH. aaagh now the very bottom leaves are completely yellow and curled. the top are looking like they are hanging on. green but not lush green. The nodes are looking a okay but a slow grow for sure. not as quick as when they first went from seedling to veg.

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I would think it best to wait until your Kind Soil arrives and repot it then. Make sure you follow the correct use (Kind Soil on the bottom of the pot with coco/potting soil filling the rest of the pot). You want at least an inch or so between your plant and the Kind Soil or you'll burn your plant up!

Hi Azteca.
        Do you have multiple plants all with the same symptoms? It certainly could be a bad case of overwatering that has caused some root rot as DJsublime suggests.
        What brand of soil is it?
        I wouldn't rush to do anything, these plants can take a few days to a week to show signs that they're improving. If you hit them with multiple "remedies" it'll be hard to know what actually worked.

If you have multiple plants then you could try different approaches with a few plants, let one dry out, feed another, add mycos to a third then give them some chance to recover and respond and see which approach works best.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My IG

Comment

AlonerBeach_Town_Brit okay bud, ill wait it out then and follow those instructions for kindsoil. i have two plants. after reading and a little research, i think i also made the mistake of putting small plants in a big pot. i checked the roots for both and its too wet and packed. i don't have enough coco either to fluff the soil and roots from rotting i think.

Comment

Sounds like you've got a handle on your issue Azteca. I'm sure the plants will recover, it's a very tolerant plant all in.
            Look for a good airy "light" soil to go on top of your kindsoil, maybe add some perlite too. Have you ever tried fabric pots? They allow the roots to breath better than typical plastic pots.
            Getting your watering game on is the most important weed growing technique I think. So many factors affect watering regularity that you just have to learn what works for your specific environment.

-Rita Mae Brown

My IG

Comment

Is it under a lot of heat? If it's uncomfortable for the top of your hand it is for the plant. Also look at the Nutes in the soil, let her dry out to about 6" depth from the top before watering again, try and see if she perks up before giving more nutes etc...

Comment

Okay guys I have an update on this Amnesia OG. Again this is my first grow. Seed planted July 8th. Approx 3 1/2 weeks into flowering stage I think (not to sure). I pruned them 1 week ago because again there were some old fans and I felt like it was hindering the growth. Then they blossomed beautifullly afterwards. I want to clip the big fans off again but not sure if it's too late in flowering to do so. I need help in general I think my plants are weak and I'm tempted to cut off the weak growth from the bottom even though I have good lighting (at least I think I do lol). Is my set up ok?
                Currently: 300w LED 20in away from top of plants.
                2 60w equivalent LED bulbs. One each side 20in away.
                Humidity: 54-48% , Temp 76-70
                Organic Dirt mix no additives no fertilizer.
                Kind Soil and Fox Farm Big Bloom added 2wks ago
                (Followed directions on both products)
                I hope this explanation helped with any advice and tips you could give thx!
                Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X