Time change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time change

You growers with flowering plants. How did you deal with the time change. I just opened mine 1 hour later.

I hate it, I just got home and I usually have until 10pm to check and water them because of nights I work late and I get home around 9-9:30 and I went to water them and I opened the door to darkness while my other room was bright like daylight, I yelled out "FUCK!!!" slammed the door and here I am lol, a few seconds won't do much but I haven't watered my plants in 2 days now because was away for the weekend, morning needs to get here fast lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabebotanist23 View Post
      I hate it, I just got home and I usually have until 10pm to check and water them because of nights I work late and I get home around 9-9:30 and I went to water them and I opened the door to darkness while my other room was bright like daylight, I yelled out "FUCK!!!" slammed the door and here I am lol, a few seconds won't do much but I haven't watered my plants in 2 days now because was away for the weekend, morning needs to get here fast lol
      Are you saying that you only water your plants in the morning? Why?

Comment

• Wannabebotanist23
        Wannabebotanist23 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I'm not saying I only water my plants in the morning, I work late tomorrow and that's when I can water them because I'll be home by 9-9:30 tomorrow and since the time change my light schedule used to be 10am-10pm nown it's 9am-9pm (I would fix it but that would mean either my plants get an extra hours of day or night) and I was away from home this weekend so Friday night I watered them after work and left and I thought I would be back in time to water them today, sunday, before 10pm usually and water them, but time change messed it up for me, but I'm glad there still on 12 hours schedule

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        I only water my ladies within an hour or two of light coming on

Don't want extra wetness when lights off...

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        yes am watering so ideally less humidity/ cold in the night..of course depending on your light schedule

If I had a grow going right now, they would have just had an extra hour of darkness, assuming bloom cycle. Trying to adjust a little every day to make up for it seems like unnecessary work.

Comment

• Wannabebotanist23
        Editing a comment
        Yeah but I wish they would get rid of the time change it always screws up my internal clock, I'm gonna be off for a while

I totally forgot how that would change things lol

Comment

• Wannabebotanist23
        Editing a comment
        Same here I planned the perfect weekend but forgot how the time change will affect my plants

DST and then changing back EST used to be a pain in the backside. At least now cell phones, computes, etc auto reset the time. I only had two manual changes to make. The store and the microwave.

Comment

With Green..rather water/feed in am so that the day can absorbe moisture.
        AND since I have had 6:30 lights on 6:30 lights off I am now on the 5:30 am pm plan
        all my lights/ adjustments are manual no auto switches.
        my dogs don't know from daylight savings time
        it is time! So we keep the old program
        gak!
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

My timer has DST (daylight savings time) I fell back ...The next one I'll feel ripped off
          Bubblehead
          4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
          4 Cures and a Life time gardener
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

I always watered in the morning too or early afternoon and left tent flaps open, at least part way, most of the day. A few times just because of unusual circumstances, I watered closer to their bedtime because they were dry and droopy, but only a partial water and then gave them more in the morning.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X