smoking vs vaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoking vs vaping

I started vaping about 2 years ago and love it. I have Asthma and this is sooooo much better on my lungs. Who else on here vapes, and what do you do with your ABV (already been vaped) remains?

great question...I was wondering myself! I just started vaping also, and love it as well! What temperature do you enjoy using? Right now I start with 365F, then finish off the small bowl st 375. Any thoughts on this? I use a $60 Nokiva. Happy vaping...so much easier on the lungs!
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Arizer Extreem Q the bowl is raised a bit of the heat element so my temp is set to 395F. Also what do you do with the ABV (the ashes). Please don't say you throw it away.

• rockman
      rockman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking of composting the used nuggets unless I hear that they can still be used for something good!

I vape with a volcano...Love it dearly. I'm a bag head...Lol

​@ kingfish...what do you do with yours? I tried makeing dabs but not much left in there after vaping it.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure how big your bowl is. I assume it is pretty close to a Extreem Q. The amount of ABV that I get back is the same amount that I put in the bowl. You just boil the THC off the bud and inhale only that. The rest looks just like Tabaco. But is perfect for cooking. ( forgive me rambling if you already know that).

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant not much thc left in the herb after vaping it

I use a Pax2. Like it a lot. I just dump the A/V'd stuff in the trash, I figure I got all the good stuff out of it.
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

I thought about getting the Ol lady the Ghost by Dr Dabber. Looks like it could be good for dabs.

Comment

No! don't throw away your ABV. THC is only one of the goodies that get you where you want to be. THCA is what's left after you vape, and that is what gets you off when you eat it. Like in Brownie or my favorite. Cowboy cookies. For those who may not know. Unburned Marijuana will NOT get you high. It has to be boiled off or burned. By vaping it's already been carbaxilized through the process of vaping. Now you can use the ABV on foodstuff . For example you can sprinkle it on you salad and use it like seasoning. But be careful 'till you find out what your tolorence is. Because when you eat it as oppose to smoking it, you can literely OD. and end up in the hospital.

Comment

• rockman
          rockman commented
          Editing a comment
          I may have gotten some incorrect info, but I read that the precursor to THC is THC-A, and that vaping or smoking will decarb the herb, and convert the acid form THC-A to THC, as well as turning CBD-A into CBD. Whatever the reality, I would love to utilize my vaping remains, so I will give your advice about using it in edibles a try. Thanks!

I blast my ABV along with my trimmings and stems with butane to make bho

Comment

rockman, put the ABV in a grinder before you use it in. I use a coffee grinder. It works pretty good. You are probably correct with the THC to THCA conversion. I was just pointing out that there are more chemicals then THC. to get your head right. My wife has a great recipe for cowboy cookies.

Comment

• rockman
            rockman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Kingfish, I will definitely find a good use!

• rockman
            rockman commented
            Editing a comment
            And, it's rather tasty! Just finished chewing on some once vaped White Widow, and I am amazed at how nice and soft it was to chew, and has a great mild spicy flavor! Looking forward to see (or feel) like effects! 🌻🌻

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
          rockman, put the ABV in a grinder before you use it in. I use a coffee grinder. It works pretty good. You are probably correct with the THC to THCA conversion. I was just pointing out that there are more chemicals then THC. to get your head right. My wife has a great recipe for cowboy cookies.
          What are cowboy cookie? We don't have too many cowboys in Michigan, so I don't know what they are!
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Chocolate chip, oatmeal, raisin, pecan, cookies with marijuana in it. LOL

Dang, hmmmm sounds awesome, if you wouldn't mind, i'd like to try them if you could send the recipe.
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

I set the temp on the Extreme Q at 374 as the temp is measured at the element, not at the screen in the bowl. Not a math wiz, but it probably settles in on the buds at a nice 365-370 temp. I put the first vaped buds into a quart jar and cap them. When the jar gets full, then I made cannabutter or cannaoil with them. Pretty killer edibles because you have already decarbed the bud in the first vape session.

Comment

ReUsing the ABV remains in edibles is something I can't quite grasp! Does it really work that well?? I've been saving it since I read what Kingfish wrote!
              Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Also I found that sitting in my comfortable chair and being to lazy to go reload the vape, I puffed on it just to be sure it was done, no smoke came out but man, I sure got lit up!! LOL Anyone have that happen!
                hard to imagine if it don't smoke there's still stuff in there!
                Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that happened to me once, filling a bag, weed was too dry, chamber too hot, and air at max speed, got lit up, ended up all brow and smelling horrible, i threw away the bag and had to wash everything with acetone

Hubby is going to switch to vaping as soon as his back-ordered item arrives. I am planning on making budder from one of the 1/4 oz. of O.G. we got in DC. If it is possible to do double duty by first vaping and then eating, then WOW, double bang for the buck.

Comment

• kingfish
                  kingfish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any particular vaporizer you have in mind?

Originally posted by Sonnyhad View Post
                ReUsing the ABV remains in edibles is something I can't quite grasp! Does it really work that well?? I've been saving it since I read what Kingfish wrote!
                Use about 1/4 cup of ground up ABV (I use a coffee grinder) in a cookie recipe that puts out about 2-3 doz. cookies. Eat a cookie and wait awhile before you eat more. I takes about 1 hour or more to get off. Lot different then smoking. Enjoy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X