Air stones in dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air stones in dirt

Has anyone ever tried using air stones in the bottom of 5 gallon pot of dirt or coco ,had the thought a few days ago but poof it was gone so when it popped in my head this morning I had to ask . I dont see why it wouldn't work to increase oxygen in the root zone
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Haven't tied it but had thought about it. Don't know haw to post link just type it into google. The soil is super wet. Curious if u do let u know . I'm changing to super soil for next grow and bottom water like the rain gutter garden. I got my outside garden that way this year it's working awesome .

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey redbeard ya interesting thought. can you explain rain gutter garden never heard of it before and I'm always looking for better ways to grow veggies

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      OJH, I used to always put gravel or rocks in the bottom of my potted plants for better drainage. I started to this time I put the dirt in my pots but didn't do it...don't know why. Lately I'm not hitting on all cylinders so I figure next time, there's always next time. It's worth a shot if you remember to do it!! Let us know how it works.

So if u type rain gutter garden in the Google there's a bunch of different types a lot by this fella named Larry hall. So the way mine works is rectangle frame made out of aluminum extrusion with this water proof material my buddy uses for a poop shoot in his rabbit house. I got pot made from this rubber coated mesh and land scope fabric inside. Like a net pot but homemade our bot u om sticking in the watet. With dirt in some fabric in others . Peop km e wick the water in different ways . I just and watet by hand but dudes got em set up that sure watet with float. Going do similar in tent but don't want standing water do I'm going do similar pots but a net pot in both ends going in to pvc made into like a header pipe sort of deal and a little res was thinking airstone in that. JOPE That Makes Some Sort Of Sense I'll Try To Put Some Pics Of My Outside Garden I'm shitty at typing and such.

Comment

Hey OJH, I ain't never used air stones in my pots , don't know what they are for one, but I have always used rocks in the bottom 2 or 3 inches of my pots always, especially outdoor grows. P.S. Even way back long time ago we ALWAYS put rocks in the bottom of our pots or mostly buckets with bunch of holes in the bottom of the buckets or pots cause if it rained they would drain right.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 07-14-2017, 09:22 AM.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X