Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droopy seedling leaves

Hey guys,
    This is my first post and also my first grow so please excuse any ignorance on my part. I started my DWC grow on July 1st so it's still in the very early stages. It's a very small 6 quart reservoir in a 18w x 13d x 48h grow box under a 300watt Mars hydro led. I'm using the GH trio with calmag at 1/4 strength along with hydroguard. I germinated a Nirvana Lemon OG Haze auto in a rapid rooter. Current PH level is 6.0 and current ppm is 473. Current Temp is 81F and RH 51%. Light was around 30" away but I recently dropped it to 24".I could just be being paranoid but I feel like my first real set of leaves are very droopy compared to the "healthier" seedlings I've seen. My reservoir water was just about touching the bottoms of my net pots as of this morning so I dropped the levels down a half inching thinking maybe she wasn't getting enough oxygen and that was causing the drooping. Any input is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Current grow:
    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

I no pretty much nothing about dwc so ill keep my mouth shut I'm just posting to bump up your thread tell someone can chime in

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that.
      Current grow:
      Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Comment

No problem. Hey guys were all dwc ppl at?

Comment

Still growing, still green, and still drooping. Ph: 5.9, ppm: 481, 82F, and 49% RH. Rapid Rooter was still very wet even after the drop in reservoir level so I dropped it another 1/4in and moved the air stone a little farther away from the net pot so the bubbling doesn't saturate the Rapid Rooter.
          Last edited by Agentbuckwold3; 07-09-2017, 03:17 PM.
          Current grow:

Comment

Do you have air movement? Little low speed fan moving air around might give em a boost.

Comment

I just ordered a small 6" circulation fan yesterday so I'm hoping to have that by tomorrow. I will say that the inside of the reservoir is holding onto a lot of water. I'm having a very hard time keeping the Rapid Rooter damp without being soaked.
              Current grow:

Comment

I'm with Horace Kemp a little breeze always helps. Good Luck ABW3
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Good stuff, I'll throw that fan in asap. Thanks guys.
                  Current grow:

Comment

🌱 I bet keeping the Rapid Rooter dryer and leaving more of an air gap below the bottom of the net pot will help at least a little. When a plant is drooping it's either completely dried out or something is preventing the roots from getting enough oxygen. In soil, drooping happens when there's so much water that there are no air gaps to provide oxygen to the roots. In DWC, droopiness can be caused by it being too hot (hot water holds less oxygen), by there not being enough bubbles in the water, not being an air gap under the bottom of the net pot, or some type of root disease like root rot or algae. If you peak carefully under the lid through an unoccupied net pot, do the roots appear to be white? Is light getting in to the reservoir? Are you using a root supplement like Hydroguard or Great White to help keep roots healthy? 🌱
                    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Roots look beautiful. Super white, almost clear. I'm thinking it's more of a lack of oxygen problem. Hydroguard is being used. What do you recommend for lowering reservoir water temp in a small 6 quart system? There is a 1.5in air gap between the pot and the water. I feel like there is a good amount of bubbling from the air stone.
                      Current grow:

Comment

Roots as of right now. A guy on Grasscity also suggested lowering my ppm so I've dropped that down to 350 and added a circulation fan as earlier suggested.
                        Current grow:

Comment

🌱 What are you using for an air pump and air stone? For some reason I could only see like two bubbles in the water in the pic. The reservoir should be roiling with bubbles to make sure roots get enough oxygen. 🌱

Comment

I've got the stone pushed farther away from the Rapid Rooter because the net pots are so small and I had no room for people coverage with the Rapid Rooter in there, so when I had the air stone directly under the net pot, the bubbles were soaking the Rapid Rooter. Since I moved the stone over and dropped the water level, the RR has gotten a lot less saturated and is looking better. But that's only been since last night so I'm still waiting to see changes in the plant.
                            Current grow:

Comment

🌱 How strong is the air pump overall? Keep us posted with what happens tomorrow! 🌱

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X