Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any hope for my broken off cola?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any hope for my broken off cola?

An animal knocked one of my beautiful colas on my last plant to harvest. It's not ready to harvest, the pistils are still very white. However, it is broken off, pretty big, and I want to rescue it if possible. You can see the pictures.

Is there any way to save it and bring it to full "ripeness"? Could I put it in clone fluid and see if it sprouts roots?

BookReader

I would try to clone it and see if it grows roots, the plant will spend some energy on root growth but you might be able to save this plant. Basically, you've massively topped your plant, what does the rest of the body look like? Is it indoor or outside grow?

Comment

Hey bookreader, oh what a bummer. I don't know if it will help but I have trimmed young colas( to thin during the stretch) replace them in a glass of water and watch them grow for another two weeks. I don't know how close you are finishing but maybe a way to buy you some time. sorry to hear in best of luck
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Yes I have seen that to Mr Furley.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Okay, I'm going to try to prop it up in a glass of water. It's an auto flower that apparently did not get the message that it should be almost done. The 4 other plants are already harvested, planted same time but this one is still growing! Almost a month longer than the others and still not ready to harvest. This cola sprouted from the very bottom of the plant which is weird. The leaves are more rounded and not serrated like normal leaves. I'll try the water glass, it's a big , beefy cola, but ain't got no roots! I'll try to make it go to point it is ready to harvest. We'll see.

Comment

Hey bookreader,
            sound like it could be a fox tail or a re-veg, could be a weird genetic problem just a guess though.
            sure hope it works out, they are a resilient plant so it may surprise. Even with no roots if you cut the stem at a 45° it can uptake water and may give you a couple of weeks. My advice would be to focus as much of the plants energy on the ever-so-slow buds.

good luck and keep us posted.
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X