Set up question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set up question

Thanks for all the information here. I moved to Boston 2 months ago, found out its legal to grow here, and decided to set up in my basement. I purchased a gorilla tent 8x8 with the 8 foot tall extenders. I will be starting with 6 plants and 2 platinum p900 lights. I will be growing in soil

I will be growing Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies, autos..

I am a bit confused on what my plan of atach should be and what i am in for, I have read about all the different training i can do. Considering all the space i am going to have what type of training should i be looking into? I feel a lot of the training i have read about is space dependent. Id like to be as efficient as possible.

Any suggestion on what i should plan for? With so much room and so few plants is a scrog a good option? If i creat a manifold am i wasting the space i have?

Any suggestions on what i should plan on training wise? Id like to complete my game plan.

Hopefully i will have every thing set up and potted by Monday.

Thanks. FOr all the past and future advice.

Hello X whatever you decide I wish you good luck . But if it was my first grow I would grow 1 plant without any training just so you can learn from it and the way it grows , you will still get alot of bud without any training.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Xcardplayer
      Xcardplayer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, so much information not sure how to process it all. Took me a long time to decide on suplies, now this. My head starting to hurt.

Great space and setup. Make sure you have the environment dialed in. Temp and humidity control, proper extraction and a few fans to move the air around. You didn't mention pot size but I'm assuming 5 gallon. as for space utilization I have a 4X4 and I use topping, LST and Scrog. Last grow I also manifolded all my plants. I have 3, 5 gallon fabric containers and the scrog is about 40"X40". My light covers 3X3 in flower so that size scrog is fine, even though it's slightly larger than the 3X3 flower spec. The tent is filled pretty well but not a jungle that is impossible to work with. For 8X8, a 6X6 scrog should work nice and give you some room to get around. I attached a photo late in flower and it's pretty full but not over crowded. You can't see the whole tent but the angle it's at shows about what a 40" scrog looks like in a 4X4 tent. Good luck!
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Xcardplayer
      Xcardplayer commented
      Editing a comment
      I tihnk im ok with climate control, I have 2 inline fans doe intake and exaust, Last thing i need to purchase is a carbon filter. I was going to go with 10 gallon pots but was told 5 was enough. I was going to experament with both. From yo

Thank you for the picture, helps my put things into perspective. From the picture tho, it looks like you arent getting much height out of your plants? Are you restricted? I guess the best way for me to get answerers is to just do it.

• Sheesh
      Sheesh commented
      Editing a comment
      The scrog is 11 inches from the medium and yes between manifold, LST and scrog I control the height around where you see it. There is plenty of room to grow higher but I grow indica dominant hybrids that tend to stay short, I have no reason to go any higher even though I have at least 2 more feet to raise the light. The tent is about 6 feet tall. But again, I originally missed that you are growing autos. My advice was for photos.

If you're using autos DO NOT TOP THEM or manifold them.
    Everything I've read says that totally messes them up.

If you're set on using autos and want to max your yield I would go with a sea of green and not a screen of green.

just my opinion though based on my research
    Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
    3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
    GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
    Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
    2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
    1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
    2 Big Nugs
    Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

• Newf
      Newf commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to Beantown Xcardplayer. The current law states 6 per person over 21 and up to 12 per household (Must be at least two 21 year olds in the house.) I think the seeds you picked will not grow too tall as autos so height is not an issue but can be with certain strains. I would agree to start as simple as possible for your first grow. maybe a little LST. That way if you are having any trouble with your first grow, at least you know it wasn't the training that caused it. I don't think manifolding is ever a waste of space. It just creates an even canopy of buds with equal light exposure. SCROG is also a good option but the set up can make it hard to pick up your plants and move them around.

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Chapter 94G, Section 7, Article 2:
      "within the person’s primary residence, possessing up to 10 ounces of marijuana and any marijuana produced by marijuana plants cultivated on the premises and possessing, cultivating or processing not more than 6 marijuana plants for personal use so long as not more than 12 plants are cultivated on the premises at once"
      The Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act

So should it come down to it, you just need someone who lives there willing to claim 6 of the plants as theirs. Even then, the chances of getting hassled by the cops is really low -- unless you do something to bring heat on yourself, like selling. Another part of the law is that you can give someone up to an ounce, but it can't be in exchange for money or goods (so I guess setting up a growers co-op is out for the time being).
      Last edited by Aloner; 07-04-2017, 09:17 PM.

• Xcardplayer
      Xcardplayer commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought i read some where it was max 12 plants but only 6 can be flowering, But who really cares, im sure they arent looking for anyone growing 10 20 or ven 30 plants like you said unless you just an idiot.

Sorry X, I missed that you said auto. Everything I wrote above is for photoperiod plants, not auto.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Hey X , I know it seems confusing right now ,but in no time you will catch right on its not hard , it's good to know that you are law abiding, it's a damn shame some states can do things and some can't I thought we lived in the UNITED STATES. Something ain't right . Yes you can top ,train autos . When you get your first buds to smoke ,that YOU grew it will all be worth it. Trust me on that . In your spare time keep reading GWE , Nebula has great information on anything you need to know.Plus you have alot of help on this site. No need to catch a headache. Good Luck
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I stayed away from autos specifically because it was recommended not to top them or manifold them.

Ill do some more research myself it could be you're totally correct

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
        2 Big Nugs

Comment

• Xcardplayer
          Xcardplayer commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the same thing tell a few days ago. I read on here about a contest being ran on autos, A group from here has some killer plants. It really made me look into things deeper. From what i understand many years ago topping and such caused stress and no time to recover, but now with better genetics plants are doing fine.

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          #automechanics

You just start topping an training sooner.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Xcardplayer
          Xcardplayer commented
          Editing a comment
          If i remember right, i think you had a sexy lady in there.

Yeah, AutoMechanics. A lot of info, it just doesnt seem like they are letting the plants get as big as they could,

Comment

That's why I was saying to let one grow with no training so you could see how they grow.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Xcardplayer
            Xcardplayer commented
            Editing a comment
            If you pull into a car lot and the sales man says drive ehat ever car you would like do you pick the Ferrari or the fiat? Do you go out to a bar and say hey im going to go home with the ugly girl? Its human nature to try and over achieve.

I got ya it's called learning. P.S. I liked the ugly girls myself cause that's all i could get
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 07-04-2017, 09:29 PM.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
            I got ya it's called learning. P.S. I liked the ugly girls myself cause that's all i could get
            Low self esteem, Im not happy saying i like mexican weed cause thats all i can get?

Comment

Good Luck Xcard
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Starting to get the tent set up. Im at 78% but having trouble getting above 55% humidity. Any suggestions on a humidifier i can set to turn on and off?

A few days ago i put in a few tester seeds to see how they would come out. It looks like i burned the first one? Any hope or is she just dead?

Waiting on my inline fans, still havent picked out a carbon filter,any suggestions?

Need a few things to hang lights so should have that done tomorrow.

Shits starting to get real.

Comment

• Xcardplayer
                  Xcardplayer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only have seeds in the back right spots in case you wondered why lights werent covering the whole tray.

How high are you trying to get the humidity?

Learn how to control humidity in the cannabis grow room to get faster growth and better yields!

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
                2 Big Nugs

Comment

• Xcardplayer
                  Xcardplayer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, why did i think i needed to be in the 70s for some reason. Thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X