Strain report_Ayahuasca Purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strain report_Ayahuasca Purple

I promised this report a while back but got side tracked.....maybe it was the A.P. that got to me? This is one kick ass strain. hits you right between the eyes from the first toke_ I can literally feel it. The concussion fades and then you start to soar. Might be the strongest overall high from any strain I've grown. Lasts and lasts. Supper hard, dense buds that taste sweet and pungent. I'll be growing this one again. Gonna throw in a few pics as well. Super frosty and dank. I took the fan leaves that were covered in frost and all the sugar trim and made some dry ice hash. Used that in some edibles. The initial knockout wasn't as hard as when smoked but it took me on a ride to the stratosphere!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Beautiful buds!! I can't wait to grow it.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

WOW beautiful buds and the photos are exquisite of her. Wonderful front to back
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks- I wish I knew for sure what I did to help that grow fill out and mature but since I changed my medium a little, got new lights and used new nutrients Im at a loss there. Gonna try the same except two new fast auto strains that I'm going to push hard to see what happens. The grow after that I'm going to go with all photoperiod and try some more extensive training since I've never done a manifold or anything that extreme before_ always in too much of a hurry but one thing I've learned is that the wait can be worth the effort and patience with photoperiod strains.Even gonna try some regular seeds for one strain because I want to try that one and there are no feminized available yet. Thanks for the input and for the edible guide/ideas you passed along a while back- worked really well!

Beautiful buds and pictures.! Where did you get your seeds Zigzag? You can look an tell that's killer
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        I get my seeds from SOS (Southern Oregon Seeds)_ they have seeds from just about every one of the well established sources and have delivery in 3-5 days. they also have a great selection from many of the smaller suppliers as well.The biggest problem I have is deciding what to order!
        Shipped from within the US for the same cost as ordering direct from a foreign supplier. If you decide to try them and see something you want then don't wait too long to make your order cuz they might run out. Since they represent so many suppliers and want to keep their supply fresh they don't order a lot of any specific strain. Great folks with very good service. And their website lets you know how many packets they have left if they are getting short on supply. If you're a commercial grower or are growing a substantial number of plants then you can get larger quantities of some strains (more than the normal 3, 5 or 10 packs).

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for all that info, ZigZag: I am definitely going to try them. How cool would it be to get seeds in 3-5 days!!!!

🌱 Wow, purple buds are soooooo pretty! 🌱
      (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Yeah ZigZag I have got my seeds before from SOS but only 1 time , but from now on that's where I will be getting them every time . They are really nice folks that want to help you to , plus they want your business. They are so much faster than across the water plus no Customs Check I like that. I got told they are trying to fix it where they take credit cards that will be great , still money orders ain't bad , I also got a nice free t-shirt too. I really like their website telling you what they got. I'm easy so I don't really care what seed I get but I am sure gonna try that Aya Purple just looking at her you can tell that's killer bud. Later Zigzag.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

A note: I am so enthralled with the beauty of your Ayahuasca purple I will grow some of her after the next germ harvests. Such a beauty- thanks for the inspiration

Comment

You bet_ your grow journals have lots of great insights and information and have inspired my home grown efforts for sure! And those AP plants are beauties! After I get past the experimental auto grow I just started I'm going back to photoperiod strains_ One is going to be Humboldt Seeds Chocolate Mint OG (Grandaddy Purple provides some of its genetics) and the other is a regular photoperiod which will be the first non feminized strain I've done_ its one from Sour Seeds that has been developed for high CBD and Good levels of THC as well. (5-15% CBD and 15-20% THC). Its suppose to have lots of purple colors too. Can't wait to try those two! Cheers and happy growing!
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Iv been interested in this strain as well. What's ur lights and co2 ppm? I really wanna know ur final yield when dry lol

Comment

One of the Gold Mine plants produced 3 oz of dried, trimmed bud and would have done better with more aggressive training. The other plant only produced 48 grams. Quite a difference, not sure why. My lights are pretty strong_ produce about 700 umol/s evenly with very consistent PPFD coverage. I have two lights in a 3x5 foot space.Each light is 4' long and 4"x4" square.They each draw about 360 watts each (or something like that). This grow was the first I used them and I love them. They produce true white light so there is some green light_ which some folks say is a waste_ but I got the best results ever using them. I think this may be due to the 700 umol/s and the very even PPFD. With just one grow under them I don't have much to go on, but we'll see how they do with the experiment i'm about to conduct now. They are the nicest LED's I've used_ you don't need any special glasses to see color_ just sunglasses cuz they are so bright. In fact you need some headroom for these lights because I had to keep them at least 24" from the canopy. I haven't used CO2 ppm cuz my temperatures never get over 80....most of the time they are in the 72-77 degree range, except during flowering when I try to get the nighttime temps down to about 68-70 degrees. The experiment I'm just starting is using two quick autos_ NYC Sour Desiel Haze_ am going to run full strength nutrients through one and half strength through the other. I can flush them real easy so not too worried about nutrient burn. Using a mix of coco, perlite, grow stones and worm castings. Hope that helps some! Just started a Grow Journal so can report as things progress.

Comment

• berrypilot
                  berrypilot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  🌱 I feel like the true white light LEDs seem to get the best results of any of them! I read this little section about green light and plants that I thought was illuminating (pun intended!) if you were interested: http://www.growweedeasy.com/color-sp...green-spectrum 🌱

3 ozs ain't bad Zigzag. Good deal, plus it's killer stuff.
                Cfls for a week or two
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• ZigZag
                  ZigZag commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah it is "killer stuff"....the extra training_ more aggressive LST is probably what produced 3 oz on one plant and about 2 from the other..guess it could have been genetics too...but the taller plant was the one that got the more aggressive training and produced more so that makes sense too..who knows for sure but I'm not complaining!

berrypilot_ thank for the link_ very interesting and informative. The lights I'm using must be providing what they need because they all have good strong stems and root structure. And have pretty short intermodal spaces. last time_ (first with these lights) I added a flowering only light to supplement with more of that spectrum. I'm gonna read it through again. Personally I just like the true life colors and the good harvest_ all good with me! Thanks again. :~)

Comment

Keep on keeping on !

Comment

Will do that....just got another one going_ kinda a rough start but doing much better now after the transplant and flush. I never knew you could get a magnesium deficiency by giving too many nutrients but thats what a grower I talked with told me and said to do a really good flush and then start over with weak nutrients, introduce more every other watering. I did the flush and very weak nutrients and after two days things are looking much better.

Comment

Since I am experimenting with this present grow I transplanted into some containers I haven't used yet. They are 4 gallon buckets that look very similar to top fed hydro systems but you use growing media instead of water. Like DWC they use "buckets" and air_ they call it AIT (air injection technology)_instead of air stone pumps to supply air there are these insulated tubes that push air up through the media to the surface. They don't get clogged up by the media. They do put out a lot of air, even when turned down pretty low. Filled the buckets until water appeared at the surface and bubbles started to pop all over around the plants (as per instructions_ yes I actually read them this time) !
                      At first I was afraid I'd drown the plants, but so far after two days there are no signs of overwatering_ kinda blows me away. There is so much water that if I stick my finger into the media water fills the hole right away.
                      We'll see how it goes_ I'm starting a grow journal today.
                      I got a little paranoid about having them in so much water last night so decided to drain the buckets_ and they drained in less than 5 mins so that was reassuring.
                      There are holes in the bottom of the buckets and you just take the plugs out and the water squirts out in a stream_mine shot out all over the floor_ cuz I didn't have them pushed back over the dishes far enough! Lesson learned.
                      When I decided to try this system I changed my media a little to reduce particulate material and provide really good aeration and am now using 30% coco, 30% perlite, 30% grow stones and 10% worm castings.
                      This is going to be another interesting grow.
                      Happy growing folks!
                      I'll get my act together and start posting pics soon....

Comment

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pictures, please, of those buckets!! Sounds very interesting.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X