Tent size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent size

Was wondering if a 4x4 tent is big enough for some autos?? And what light I would need,, I'm torn between LED or the ceramic one,, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hello Dirt you can grow several autos in a 4by4 , as for light ,that's your choice , but in my book the 315lec would get it done right. But that's just me though. Good growing with whatever you choose.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I'm definitely leaning towards the ceramic light. Any suggestions on the strains to start with?? A good hardy head high would be great

Comment

Hello Dirt , I'm not what you call a pot connoisseur ,I'm a pot partaker of all types ,I'm not to choosey, and they all get the job done for me. I'm sure someone will be on here later to give you better information. Good Luck with your tent and light.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Don't know if your wallet dictates size of tent and Light but if you can't afford it the 315 CMH lights are freaking awesome I have two of them right now lots of people on the site or using them with great success. But if you buy a 4 by 4 tent in 2 months you'll want a 8 by 4 tent and in two months after that you want another tent ,another light, it's like a freaking addiction it is. Got to love it. Good luck keep us posted on what you decide either way you'll have a lots and lots of fun. 💨

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
            intergalactic_harvester commented
            Editing a comment
            dude, you nailed that one! damn expensive fever at times, lol

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm on my first grow, I'm also doing autos. I had a 2x4x5 with LEDs. I was afraid of light burn when they get bigger so I ended up getting a 3x3x6. Looking back now, I probably didn't need the taller one, but I'm glad I have it. I'll never have to worry about height being an issue and now I have an extra tent if I decide to do photo periods next time around.

Sounds like I'm not he only one who wants more tents lol

yo dirt!
          *this is from a new grower* (disclaimer notice)

i burned a shit ton of money gearing up for my first grow. then more working towards getting it "right". cannabis plant strain and type are irrelevant with lighting, and what type of light you use is your individual choice. the most impotant thing is using them correctly.
          things to research:
          1. footprint of light. all colas need even coverage. use appropriate reflectors (hid/lec) or light movers for your space needs.
          2. canopy penetration. tells you the effective depth of canopy coverage.
          3. match your watts equivalent to the DESIRED canopy size. 600w or equivalent is optimal and efficient for 16 sq feet of canopy. thats a FULL 4×4 space, and on average you could harvest about a pound dry.

i hope this helps narrow things down a bit so your choices in equipment actually fit your needs. even with the fantastic help we get here on the forum, this world has become so overwhelming for new growers getting bombarded by the selections available for equipment. so my last piece of advice, which should really be first... go read up on how light works in the plants processes. you will be able to make better choices than i did setting things up!!!
          good luck

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm doing a load of research I think I'm going with a gorilla 4x4,, ceramic light and Dutch seeds,, foxfarm dirt,, the only thing I'm really kinda mixed up about is the brand of nutrients, I hear some say fox farm nuts are pretty hot,,

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
              intergalactic_harvester commented
              Editing a comment
              from experience...
              dont worry too much about brands. for a first time grower they are all the same. think about it.
              simple,easy to use, and inexpensive recommended.

I know with autos less is more, at least that's what my research is showing me

Comment

Also what type of soil does everyone like?? I'm leaning towards fox farm, but there again I hear it's on the hot side,, would it be ok with auto flowers???

Comment

Using Strawberry Fields for my first dirt grow this year. Been in hydro too long. Lovin it the 💣. Little mini scrog w/150 HPS , Skunk number 1. Just another project 😎

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X