Need help! Clone has dying leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Need help! Clone has dying leaves

I have two purple diesal clones about 6 weeks in . The one on left only has a few spots of yellow but the right has quite a few dying leaves . I've been feeding them the same amount of nutrients every few days when I water as well as balancing the ph to about 6.7 . They had some White powder on leaves a week ago and Used a pressure mist and an herbal fungicide at night and i haven't seen any return or any more leaves turn since so im not sure if problem still persists im monitaring carefully .Could this be from rainwater changing the ph or is this something else? Please help! Second grow so still inexperienced to problems

🌱 So I just started growing in soil for the first time (from coco and hydro) to grow outdoors this year. I've read from other growers that plants in soil seem to do better in the 6-6.5 pH range if you're using liquid nutrients. I've been keeping them at that pH and it seems to be going well (using Fox Farm nutrient trio at half strength in some rich looking organic potting soil I found at the garden store). The white powder is White Powdery Mildew and it's caused by the plant being too leafy, it being too humid, or the plant not getting enough air/wind. It's stagnant, warm air that triggers it. If you've treated the plant with that and it's gone away, I wouldn't worry too much about it since it sounds like you took care of it. I've used SM-90 in the past for WPM and that worked really well for me (indoors at least) and it's also worked well at controlling black spot fungus on my roses outdoors, so if the WPM comes back and your thing doesn't work, that's something to try

As to your spots now, if this is the only leaves you see like this, it doesn't seem bad at all, especially since it only seems to be affecting your oldest, bottom leaves. It seems vaguely like a deficiency or pH problems. But since it seems all the damage is on just one part of the plant that makes it seem more like it could be a type of fungus (like yellow leaf spot) or possibly bugs in the soil or gnawing on your leaves? Is it possible you spilled some nutrient water on the leaves during a hot sunny day? Is there anything else that could have individually affected those leaves?

From the pictures your plant looks healthy overall! Is it possible to post a picture of the whole plant? If it's just those leaves and they're not spreading, I would just remove the affected ones carefully (in case it is a fungus or bug that has laid eggs) and watch to make sure you don't see it spreading.🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Thanks for the reply! The white spots seem to have gone away after I treated it. And no new yellowing I can see. I also thought the spotting looked like a ph or a deficiency problem but unsure since I've been feeding them the same and only one seems to be affected. Some nutrient water may have been spilled on the bottom leaves and it was 100 degrees for two days last week when the yellowing first appeared which made me think it could be heat stress but it doesn't seem to look like what heat stress does. The only other variable I can think of is rain water affecting the ph? I live in Portland or, it has been sunny for almost a month and we had two days of intense rain a little over a week ago which made me think maybe when all the water was absorbed it affected the ph, would it be a good idea to pull them onto my covered porch when it does rain or does rainwater not really affect them? Still fairly new to growing outdoor . Thank you!

Comment

The first two pics are the affected one and the third is my other plant which looks perfectly healthy . Same watering and nutrient cycle

Comment

🌱 Overall they look beautiful! Very pretty plants! If it were me I would move them out of the rain if possible, that way you're more in control over the nutrients and pH, as you said. In the flowering stage you really want to avoid the rain as it can cause the buds to rot! As a grower, it's best if it only gets the water you give it. They look so nice I would just remove the affected leaves and see if it spreads any more. If it doesn't, I would think it may be a one-time thing. *fingers crossed* 🌱
          (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X