question about yeilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about yeilds

When a company that sells seeds gives you a yeild amount on there website what does that truely mean? Wet weight dry weight? Some say m2 so meter square but some campanys dnt say m2. Like crop kings where true north seeds gives u m2 but is that all weight weight or dry weight and is that weight per plant or per 1000w. Any input on this topic is appricated

Usually they give yields per plant for an outside plant. The g/m2 are grams per meter square of SOG. Yields should be weight at 62% moisture (cured).
    Hope this helps,
    Taz
    First grow Bagseed and Acid Dough:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ough-by-ripper

First grow Acid Dough:
    https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2642-first-dwc-grow

Second grow Monster Cropped Acid Dough:
    https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2920...clone-revegged

1000w HPS. (4) 136w LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. (1) 136w LED. (6) 13w cfls. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule. Hydroguard.

Comment

Thank you very much it really helps

Comment

I just finished Bergman White Widow. It advertises height at 32-40 inches (80-120 cm) and yield at 400-500 grams m/2. The height matched mine and I got 407 g m/2 with 600w MH/HPS on a mover.

So, I would describe their high number as the genetic potential of the plant and the low number as minimum to expect for a 1000 W light. My 2c

P.S. Be sure to check and see if it is advertised as indoor or outdoor plant. Makes a big difference,
        Last edited by Flockshot; 07-01-2017, 12:22 PM. Reason: add info
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Is that dry or wet weight

Comment

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            Always dry, in the jar weight.

That's really gd lol i wanna know if what the company tells u for yeild is dry or wet? And also what the biggest yeilding strain is for indoors

Comment

🌱 I have always taken those estimates with a big grain of salt! I feel like it's better to use them to compare between strains, to get an idea of which ones tend to be higher yielding. Like if one says 150g, and the other says 500g, you know the 500g one is going to be higher yielding on average. But I don't feel like you can trust the numbers themselves. The grower skill and especially the amount of light makes a huge difference in yields, so it would be more helpful if they gave an idea of what yield to expect for the amount of light used, as opposed to how much yield to expect for a particular space. If you're trying to estimate yields indoors, you're better off calculating possible yields based on your grow light than the strain. For example with an HPS, LEC or LED, you can expect about 0.5-1 gram/watt of electricity, and with fluorescents/T5s/CFLs you can expect about 0.25g/watt of electricity used. With a low yielding strain you could expect less, and with a particularly high yielding strain you could expect more. A great environment and good grower skill can make it so you yield even more.🌱
            (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X