Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Plant and Good Plant

Hi peeps

i have a grow with currently 12 plants most of them are the same strain with clones taken from my mother plant. Looking rather lovely I will post a pic

i also got 2 other strains and one isn't coping very well I don't know wether to try and save it or just remove it from my grow. I will post a pic off the bad looking Plant

these are 5 weeeks into flowering growing in soil medium. I have used various soils just to try what's best

🌱 Are they the closest ones to the grow light? Is it possible they are just more heat or light sensitive than the others (definitely very different from strain to strains!). If that's the issue, it might help them to move them to edges of the grow space, where there's a little less light and heat. What is the temperature and humidity? Also, have you been checking the pH? That's the number one reason to see deficiencies, so if you haven't been checking that's the first thing to look at. Did anything different happen right before you started seeing the crispy brown leaves? Like a heat wave or a new supplement? 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Hey thanks for the advice it is already at the edge of the grow room away from main light source. I have given it nutes the same as other plants so might think it may be too much nutes so I'm going give it some canna flush to remove the nutes and give it less next time.

i checked the ph and it's sitting far too high at around 8.0 which is far too high so have invested in ph down to bring it down to the 6.0-6.5 mark also ordered a digital ph for more accurate reading as i am taking manual reading using water and ph drip.

Thanks for your your help fellow grower much appreciated

there has been a heatwave which lasted a week bring temps up to 36 celcius

i have just invested in an intake fan to bring in cool air

Comment

🌱 It does look a lot like pH problems and heat so it seems like you're completely on top of it! 🌱

Comment

• LetsGetHigh33
          LetsGetHigh33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi my humidity sits about 30-40 through the day and hits 70 at night. I have now fitted an intake fan.

Humidity can hit 80 but not all the time at night outside where I'm brining the cold air from out side into the tent inside

Should I keep the intake fan on at night or just through the day? Or 24 hrs bearing in mind I don't have a de-humidifier?

🌱 I always keep my exhaust fan on 24 hours just to keep the humidity from getting too high. It seems to work well as long as the temperature isn't dropping too low. That way you give your plants as much fresh air as possible, and the constant air circulation helps stems be stronger 🌱

Comment

It was dropping to roughly 18 without intake. See your exhaust system to you have cold air getting sucked in and a seperate system for withdrawing the hot air?

i have 2 carbon filters running 24/7 for smell does this also get rid of hot air as well as smell?

thanks you are giving helpful advice here
          Attached Files

Comment

Lights are off when I took the pics of temps and humidity

Comment

🌱 I have an opening in my tent for cool air to come in from the room, then at the top on the other side I have an exhaust fan pointed out which vents hot air out a nearby window. So the fan pushes out hot air, and that passively draws in cool air from the room. Since the exhaust fan is really strong, I can see that the plant leaves all start rustling when it's on as long as the tent door is closed, so I don't even have any other fans in the tent.

If the humidity or temperature is dropping too low with the fan on 24/7, you could put it on a separate timer from the lights, and then set it to go on and off every hour at night or something like that. I know with my mechanical timer I can have the power turn on and off as often as I want. After fiddling with it for a few days, you can figure out how often the exhaust fan should be on in order to keep the temperature/humidity as good as possible. If the fan is just overall too strong, you can also get something called a "Speed Controller" which works with most fans to turn down the power.

A carbon filter doesn't cool anything, but it will "scrub" odors from the air that passes through it. In fact, they actually make your exhaust system a little less efficient because the air has more it has to go through. But it's worth it.

You want the carbon filter in the tent hooked up directly to your exhaust in some way, so that all the hot air is getting passed through the carbon filter, and then out the window. That ensures smelly air doesn't get outside. As long as the grow space is sealed, then the negative pressure from the exhaust fan should keep any air from spilling out, which also prevents smells from spilling out. If you do it right, the only time you'll even smell weed is when you open the grow tent door, since that releases the negative pressure and the smell can drift into the room.

Here's a little tutorial about using carbon filters with exhaust systems and how to set them up.

If possible, could you post a picture of the whole setup with the plants inside so we can see if there's anything that might make the venting system work better for you? 🌱

Comment

• LetsGetHigh33
                LetsGetHigh33 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wil get some for you later cheers

berrypilot I found this really helpful too, thank you. My tent is too hot (85-90) so I was making sure I have my ventilation set up correctly. Turns out I do! Yay! One question for you - Is the room your tent is in light-tight during flower? I'm afraid if I open a bottom vent for air to cool the tent, light will get in. I have two small windows in the basement where the tent is. It's difficult getting one of them completely light-sealed because of the ducting coming from the tent is butted up next to the screen. Thanks in advance, BP!
              Started 1st grow 4/28/17
              3x3 Apollo tent
              600w MH/HPS
              Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
              Fox Farm nutes
              White Widow x 2 and Papaya x 2

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X