Worm in stack of plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worm in stack of plant

It looked like a corn borer it was in a branch branch was dead when I cut it off I sliced stalk long waste and saw bug is this common ,it's outside grow

🌱 It is likely a bud worm. This is a marijuana bud worm:

It is a type of caterpillar. 🐛 If so, you can use a "BT" based caterpillar insecticide like this one with a mister, which has worked for me against other types of caterpillars and doesn't seem to stress the plant much. Some people use Spinosad, which works better for some bugs than others and is also completely safe and natural for humans. If that doesn't work, there's neem oil which I personally feel isn't that great for my local bugs and tends to stress out my plants but a lot of growers swear by it. I really think it depends on your location and the local species. You also want to manually inspect the whole plant and remove any parts that you think might be infected. You don't want anything laying eggs on your plants or boring further through your stems. You want to spray all parts of the plants with your chosen insecticide, including the ground nearby and the stems, leaves and under parts of the leaves. If you have buds avoid touching them but keep a really close eye to see if any are getting sick and infected looking. 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

That's it thanks I had three on one plant used a piece of wire to kill worm taped over hole

Comment

Plant is doing fine

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X