Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in opinions from Mars Hydro LED users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in opinions from Mars Hydro LED users.

I'm using a Mars-Hydro Pro-II Epistar 320 LED grow light. I would be very interested in the impressions of other growers who are using the same light. Curious to know whether heat becomes a problem; Distance set from top of plants; Is light intense enough etc.......

Hi Bumble,
    I'm on my first grow and am using a Mars II LED 900w - lights are not my strong suit and mine is not a "hydro" to the best of my knowledge but I can tell you that during veg (veg only switch on) I had to add heat to the tent, it really didn't provide much heat at all ... but as soon as I flipped the bloom switch on too.. it heated up about 10 degrees (C) in my tent.
    Hopefully someone with the same light as you will post 😉
    Last edited by MommaBear; 06-23-2017, 09:22 PM. Reason: added wattage
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
    2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

• bumblepuppy
      bumblepuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Somehow, I didn't think there would be many Mars users on the forum. (Mars and Mars-Hydro are the same LED brand). It wasn't my first choice but import duty on brands such as Platinum and Advanced placed these out of my rage. My last grow (first indoors with the Mars light) was a bit of a disaster -- mites and claw-leaf to the extreme and excessive heat while trying to grow three plants during summer (temp in room up to 32C/89.6F) in a relatively small space of 3'x3.5'x7'. At present (just into winter in the southern hemisphere) with both light switches operating the temp is a more acceptable 24-26C/75-79F). I would be very interested to know how your grow progresses and what impressions you form of your light.

🌱 I haven't really heard anything bad about Mars LEDs, but it seems like they were a lot more popular a few years ago. Now you don't hear about them as much anymore for some reason. I guess there are just so many other models of LED lights 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

I run 2 Mars Hydro 300 (127 true watts each), I run 2 plants in 7 gallon pots with pure coco coir. I am averaging a half pound a harvest. I just did a harvest of Northern Lights and Aurora Indica. Looks to be in the same ball park. They do produce heat (I am in a 20"x36"x60" tent) and if they get closer than 14" I'll start getting white tops. I do love these light but I am thinking a 400 HPS would produce more weight. I also keep my colas under 8 inches to make sure they get fat but I do scrog so there are a lot of them.

Comment

• bumblepuppy
        bumblepuppy commented
        Editing a comment
        Ben T., they seem to be doing the job for you with a half pound yield. I'd be happy to achieve that. Was the 14" distance you referred to for veg or flower? What would the average temp. be in your tent?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X