AF not making buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR AF not making buds

New grower. I planted 1 northern lights AF which sprouted first week of April. Now at week 12. Three weeks ago (wk 9) I started to see some white hairs in a few places. During these 3 wks I am seeing white hairs in more locations along the stems, but only a couple hairs in each location. it seems that I should be seeing a lot more of them by now. In fact I thought I'd be harvesting in another week or so. Would it do any good to switch to 12/12 even though its supposed to be an auto-flower? Also its over 4 ft tall and outgrowing my small box. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Hey Pabloedoe , sounds like it's not an auto . Where did you get your seeds ? My NLAUTO from Nirvana first showed pistils on day 21, and today she is 66 days old ,and am going to harvest her in a week or so if she keeps ripening everyday. Hope this helps some.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

DAAS69 thanks. That's where I thought I'd be now.

Jeg, thanks. I just tried taking pics but not a good camera and they were too blurry for you to see the white hairs. But my confusion comes from the fact that an auto should be almost finished by now.

Let me ask you both this: does the presence of hairs mean that it hit the flowering stage? So would you suggest 12/12 at this point?

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost sounds like pre-flowers?

🌱 It's normal to see pistils on any female cannabis plant that's 6+ weeks old, even if it's still in the vegetative stage. They are called pre-flowers. If you only see one or two pistils per bud site, it is likely just pre-flowers. When the plant starts actually budding, the bud sites start turning into little fuzzy white balls, almost like cotton.

At this point, if it were me, I would put it on a 12/12 light schedule like a regular photoperiod plant. Sometimes plants just don't auto, for example if the seed got mislabeled, or an accident in breeding, etc. But if you put it on 12/12 it will start flowering. 🌱
      Last edited by berrypilot; 06-25-2017, 01:12 AM.
      (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X