No announcement yet.

Preflower identification help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Preflower identification help!!!!!

Alright so it's the second day of flowering, plants are stretching phenomenally, some were close to 8 inches for my SOG, some closer to 12 inches. Again this is a bagseed grow so I expected to have unfimiliarity when it came to growth capabilities of each plant. None of them even came close to showing preflower's in veg, which made the game a little more challenging. But I'm beginning to see pre flowers develop but not extensively, anyone have any pictures of the first sign of preflower just trying to catch males as early as possible! I've read the sexing of males and females on GWE homesite, but I want to see what you other growers have to offer in the way of advice, pictures, anything you have to offer I would appreciate!
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

I say GWE's pics are the best guideline. But here's page 5 of my previous grow where I discovered a boy...

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Minoo96
      Minoo96 commented
      Editing a comment
      The boy is on page 2, for anyone lazy to read the whole Nice harvest btw!

• SinsemillaScientist
      SinsemillaScientist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much alltatup! I'm now 99% sure I have a group of young ladies from the ones who are showing sexual maturity. I also second guess myself, my first grow was in my attic with nothing but what seemed like a hundred CFLs. I had one girl big a beautiful I begged her for almost 4 months she grew to be five foot before switch, I lollipopped, and did some light deflation before switch and wouldn't you know, two weeks in and her pistols are super dense, but oh? What was it I had found? Cannatesticles. Growing out of my girl!! Since then it's almost like PTSD, so eversince, everytime I see a girl, I wonder if she's actually a lady-boy.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      SinsemillaScientist It is pretty traumatic!!! After all the time and attention we devote to them, and they turn on us!!!

Was there a light leak in your attic? That's like poison to a full-on female plant...

🌱 Have you had a chance to look at the preflower pictures on GWE? Here's a few showing a direct comparison between male and female 🌱
    Cannabis pre-flowers diagram - chart shows difference between male and female preflowers
    A small comparison of cannabis sex parts

🌱 For some reason it helps me to remember that the male flowers will actually "open up" like a regular flower. The female preflowers don't look like they can open up. See how the male flowers actually look like real flowers when they spill their pollen. They're kind of pretty if you don't hate them! 🌱

A gorgeous picture of a male cannabis plant with pollen sacs - some of them have burst and spilled pollen on a nearby leaf
    Last edited by berrypilot; 06-25-2017, 04:43 AM.
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X