Heat or humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat or humidity

I'm a newbie. Late bloomer to the grow hobbie. I have a basement room 5.5x9.5x7 seemed to be perfect. 600w and a carbon filter removing air to a small unfinished area of the basement. Intake come from a vent from the finished side where I have a dehumidifier that I only recently purchased do to the fact that it's June and RH is going up and I have four girls that are manifolded and have many nice size colas I want to fatten up. However there is a new problem now. Temperatures have been climbing to 85. So, I get portable AC and a 4x4 tent for the room. I exhaust the ac thru same wall as the carbon filter. Btw fan for the filter is pulling air from outside the room as well. Plants are in the tent temp inside the tent and outside the tent in the room are both at 75. Perfect right! Wrong. Now my humility in the tent is 70 this morning. They were watered before put in the tent tho. Do I wait a few days? Is this normal fluctuation? Also two vents are open at the bottom of ten Do I go back to no tent no ac and reseal the room and deal with the low humidity and high 85 temps? This is my first grow and things have been almost perfect thanks to all Nebula has taught me. Thank you Nebula 😘Ok GWE team, help me finish this awesome fun loving grow. I'm only two three weeks away from harvest. What should I do or fix?
    5.5x8.5x7. 600w mh/hps. 440fan/carbon filter.
    FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.
    Four Green Crack fem. 7 gallon fiber pots.
    1 PKAF. 1 BCF. In 3 gallon fiber pots.
    Sowed 3-27-17. 12/12 light 5-7-17.
    Harvest PKAF 5-30-17 @ 43 grams
    Harvest one of four GC 7-9-17. Weight at time unknown. Will follow.

Hi Garcon. I haven't understood everything properly, but I can tell low humidity during the last weeks of flowering isn't bad. It'll make her produce more resin.
    How can RH go up if you use AC though? This kind of things lower the humidity drastically...?
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Minoo96
      Minoo96 commented
      Editing a comment
      "I exhaust the ac thru same wall as the carbon filter." I understood you use AC, maybe I didn't understood correctly...

Vent the ac to the outside of your house u are just creating more humidity inside your basement if I am understanding u right.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I agree abadtrip the cold air Flux with the normal temperature of the standing air in the basement is creating a lower dew point, so I agree vent to the outside and the problem should clear relatively quickly.
      Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

I'm in Pennsylvania and it's now begun to get too hot in the grow room. Highs around 85. Humidity wasn't a problem with the dehumidifier in my large intake room. So I decided to put up a tent in the grow room with an ac unit in the same room, thinking I could create some cooler intake to the tent to get temps under 85. Now outside tent and inside tent temperatures are at 75. Great! However now that my girls are inside the tent humidity is up drastically around 70%.
        FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.

Comment

• Minoo96
          Minoo96 commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright, the AC cools the whole room, with the tent inside. However the tent's humidity is too high. How about the room humidity, outside the tent? As far as I know AC suck the humidity, that's why scratching my head.

• Minoo96
          Minoo96 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm used to Celsius, so I didnt tick when you said 85 fahrenheit... Now that i checked, its below 30 celsius (29.44 according to google). Thats still fine! You could reverse it to old position. High humidity during flowering is really bad for mold and such. depends on how far you are in flowering. if far enough you could lower the humidity to 30%, its good, creates more resin, pre-dry the buds too.

Both ac and carbon filter are vented tru the wall to a in finished side. The intake comes from the finish side of the basement which has a dehumidifier keeping RH low. Both grow room and intake rooms are nicely finished drywall rooms. I initially only had a heat problem developing. Can a tent increase humidity much more than a vented grow room?

Comment

You're leaves are transpiring moisture back into the tent so going from a large room to a 4X4 tent will result in some increase in humidity, especially with mature plants, lots of leaves, after watering and in flower. Good exhaust should remove most of that extra moisture though. Are the tent walls sucking in from negative pressure? Make sure your intake, vents and exhaust are set so you have negative pressure. Beyond that, I agree with abadtrip. If the exhaust is dumping hot, moist air into the basement somewhere, maybe it's recycling back through into the tent??
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Sheesh, I went home for lunch to check on the girls and decided to close one of the two lower tent vents and noticed the tent draw in a little tight and I hoped that was my problem. Also, my large filter is 2/3 covered with plastic wrap over the outer sock to prolong its life "advice from the hydro shop guy". Also wondering about removing that some or completely. Will check the girls again later tonight to see if there is improvement. That you for your wisdom. 👍

Comment

• Sheesh
              Sheesh commented
              Editing a comment
              You just reminded me of one other thing you can try to narrow it down. Pull the plastic off and see if it gets better. You can also remove your filter to make sure it's not clogged or not sized well causing a reduction in airflow out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X