Humidity control of jars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity control of jars.

how am i gonna supposed to set jar's humidity ? Any piece of hacky advices ? I had a space bucket so my tools are not too complicated. My termometre doesnt fit the jar so i need some kind of different solution untill my buds are crystal dry.

Thanks, regards.

I have a half-dozen of these hygrometer / thermometer devices that I bought on that well-known auction site for a few bucks apiece.

I just throw one in each of my jars to help me monitor the humidity and temperature.

I also use humidity packs to help keep the humidity at a constant 62% (once the initial drying process is completed).
    Last edited by JohnC; 06-19-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Without a hygrometer only experience can give you that knowledge. How hey feel between the fingers. How they sound when you squeeze them. How the stem bends. The buds are never equally dry. Top colas dry out faster than small nugs. Once they feel "dry enough" jar them and after 24 hours check on them. If they got soft then let them dry some more. If they feel kinda the same then close and keep curing. Best advice I got. Good luck

Comment

Plenty of advice on GWE articles.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Think of those little packets in those jars like humadors for pot, similar to how thay store fine cigars only at a different moisture content of course. Lol

Comment

Where I am it's quite hard to get my hands on humidity packs, so i searched another way. Found a nice piece of advice, if its too dry keep some green leaf (from any plant that doesnt smell) in the jar to distribute some humidity to the buds.
            And of course small hygrometer like JohnC mentioned, its indispensable in my opinion, for a good drying/curing.
            Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• whistleguy
              whistleguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, i am sharing same situation with you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X