No announcement yet.

Liberty Haze-Extreme Defoliation Grow Experiment In Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you can see it has only been just two days since the fairly lightish trim in hindsight and yet this lass has responded well. I`ve got younger plants just starting out so I`m going to really let her Veg and see how dense I can get those stems. Also, whether the safety pins can be of any assistance.

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Safety pins for what?
      To tie down? No,yes I guess but no.

What are you using now?

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Pin are to hook to smart pots use them as tie down points lol

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes..I thought he was stabbing them into plant.....I figured it out...

Pagan, yes please keep posting pics, I've been thinking of trying this on my next grow too. I'd like to try it with an auto plant to see how it reacts, if it recovers without messing everything up the flowering. I'm going to pick a 70-80 day strain which should give me a week or two more to recover before it starts to flower.
    Anyone try this with an auto?
    Is your Liberty Haze auto by any chance?
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      ZigZag...my advice mate, walk away from that idea. I seriously screwed 4 auto`s up when I tried it. Complete stop and truly awful yields. Nearly finished me as a grower in truth due to being soooooooo disheartened. General advice I`ve seen is tuck downs and very minimal LST with no topping though if it happens accidentally (Did that...sigh...bad grow ) they can recover. General advice from auto lads is they don`t like it which I have to say, follows my experience. I circular them and get very good results. I usually now aim for a min of 2 ounces per auto and can get upto 4+ but the time frame is almost as long as for normals. Also, genetics can be problematic. However, if you can get a good handle on growing they really make other growing much easier. I learnt on auto`s. They`re hard work to get right and I would probably recommend https://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.c...oter-auto.html ....probably my favourite ever grow and a very nice smoke.....but as I said, whilst others don`t give them respect the new strains coming out are as equal, if not sometimes superior to other strains....check out the work I`m currently doing on Black Choc auto`s with safety pins in a circular pattern. Love auto`s. Any help I can give please shout...mellow
      Last edited by PaganRich; 11-06-2016, 01:30 PM.

Here is a 17 day auto tied down

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161105-155618.png
Views:	136
Size:	6.16 MB
ID:	11621

Lowrider #2

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks dude...

I have seen yours...sweeet!!! Duude!!!!

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great, awesome potential for an auto...what are you using to hold those branches down? Looks like paper clips or ties but what are they anchored to?

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Plastic coated garden wire.

They are deep
      Bent like hooks

Amazing it looks like a baby but more like baby Huey! when did you top her ( I remember off with her head) but how long oops (amnesia haze)
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      I made a update yesterday on her please find it....I decided not to....she is bent all the way over

Thank for getting back with your anchoring method for young plants. I like the way you can get four sides down that far without having to pull them out to the sides until they've grown out more.
    Gonna try that! So you just have the ties stuck down deep enough to hold them down....with "hooks" at both ends ?_one to hold the branch down and another to help anchor the end of the tie in the grow medium?....that sounds great- lots easier than trying to find another way to anchor them. cool.
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried it yet..?

10th Nov........a far more brutal trim however 3 hours later and I`ve just looked in at her and she`s fine. Attached is a straight after I`d finished. The straight before pic says it`s corrupted so can`t upload but it was very bushy. Also, the fan leaves removed were big and blocked growth through the canopy so it was interesting to do today....This is 6 days since previous trim and you can see the stem length growth

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      How old is this plant. I mean from the beginning ?

I love a gnarly looking plants....keep it up man...
    looking great!!!
    Last edited by Green75; 11-10-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Kingfish.....one month old however I am in no rush as my organics are slightly slower and with defol you need slightly longer in my opinion so it all kinda coincides if that makes sense

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        1 month, wow. You my friend are Edward Scissor Hands.

• Royal Nugs
        Royal Nugs commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL. I just pictured leaves flying out of the grow tent like johnny depp himself was in there.

If you could smoke those leaves I wouldn`t move for 2 days and thanks you guys for nice comments...be mellow

Comment

72 hours later...I would let these go more however I need to let others grow a bit but next trim prob around weds and will post an update then

Comment

Hard to believe that's the same plant.

Excellent thread.

Comment

I know who you are Pagan. You Dr. Frankenstein from looking at those monsters.

Comment

Easier trim this week prior support netting going in....will 12/12 soon

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Support netting in and dropped to 4" above soil. Lights re-lowered to 16" above highest growth, going to 12/12 from end of next week. Second net above at roughly 12" will be put in if things go well.All netting is support only and re-directing slightly...totally winging it here from now on....bizarrely it is the top right one I`m most interested in....defol will stay every 6 odd days and be really brutal during stretch possibly...still want 24" of stretch to occur in the right way

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very exciting to watch this. Great images & documenting. Thanks for doing this.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X