No announcement yet.

The Ganja Ged Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where you at man ,ain't heard from you in a couple days , I hope all is well.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Thank's DAAS. I'm still alive, lol, thanks for asking brother.

I've been "off" a lot this week, kinda comes with the LBD territory. I've got a neurologist appointment next month and I'm pretty sure we'll end up increasing my meds, esp. my Dopamine. Beyond just the general increase in symptoms I've started getting tremors in my left arm which is totally new. If nothing else with LBD everyday is an adventure, lol.

They really need to rename all of these Neurological Degenerative Diseases to "?", They literally know almost nothing, it's so strange.

You undergo countless tests and imaging and everything comes back clear. I already had an idea of what was going on which left me going to all of these tests hoping they'd find something wrong, because that would mean it wasn't a NDD.

Then you ask so what's the diagnosis and they say "I think Parkinson's Spectrum, possibly LBD" ummm, what? Can we test for that? "Sure, if you want we'll dissect your brain after you die and confirm a diagnosis"

Then they actually came up with a biomarker test except it has like a 20% false positive and a 20% false negative problem so that's no good.

And the meds, some of which can make my symptoms worse and some that can be fatal, if the diagnosis is wrong and I have a different NDD.

Seriously everything is like that with this stuff, it's crazy.

Anyways, I'm feeling a bit better and got to get some gardening done, so, updates incoming when I get started! So enough about me, let's smile and get this party started!

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I just wish the friggin doctors could swallow some of their idiotic pride and admit what they don't know!!

I'm glad your feeling better, but we're all on your side no matter how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume you've seen this type of article:

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        Well to be fair it's a mess for them too. The problem is they don't know the cause, many NDD's have no biomarkers or imaging to test for, and even when they have it narrowed down everyone is different.

Getting diagnosed is an issue in and of itself. There are about 100 or so symptoms, both physical and cognitive. Most of those symptoms are often symptoms of other conditions like Thyroid problems, depression, etc. So you have to go through all of these other tests to rule out anything else. So then they try to reconstruct your past, which can be a challenge in it's own right when your memory is failing.

So now that you've gotten that far, they look at your symptoms and the order they appeared in, etc, and take a guess at what you have. The official diagnosis is "possible" or "probable" because the only way to be sure is a brain autopsy.

So yea you got 100 different symptoms, which can be anyone of about 80 different NDD's, oh yea and it isn't like this set of symptoms will mean you have "X" because every patient has a different set of symptoms even though they have the same disease. There is some distinction, like resting tremors is usually something on the Parkinson's Spectrum etc.

​​​​​​​It's just crazy, lol

I agree with Alltatup G.G. I know we're all pulling for you ,that's for sure!! I'm hoping your gardening will really help you out today. Peace Bro.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks you two!

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a DWC fan... It's not any one thing, It just isn't suiting me well. I think I'm going to go with a Flood and Drain table! I'll definitely come back to DWC at some point but for now I'm gonna try something different and Flood and Drain seems better suited for me personally, at least for now.

Very excited over what will be my new grow area in the basement. It's actually a separate "root cellar" which is it's own room down there. 30x9x8, now that's roomy! LOL It has a hard packed dirt floor, not sure what I wanna do there. It's got electric already set up and a line I can tie a RO system to. I'll post pics too as the project starts and moves along.

I also decided to flower the Death Star mother, I've got seeds to restart later and if I flower her now that's one less living thing to move down stairs. So I've roped her down and we'll give her a week or so and send her down the line.

More to come as the day goes

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Root cellar sounds perfect!! They don't get too humid, right? And your girl looks great!

That sounds like an excellent plan , keep us posted ,good luck.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

The Good Grief! project continues, lol.

Did the second cuts on the mom and transplanted the clone out of the cup.

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

And the last 2 soil Death Stars, put one in a new pot, it was getting cramped in that plastic cup!

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

Northern Lights chugging right along. Just some feeding today.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

The White Widow is looking a bit funky. She's pulling herself down and in, like an umbrella folding closed. Anyone got an idea what it might be? She seems healthy otherwise, so unless someone has an idea, I'll just keep a close eye on her.

Some feeding is all for today.

Gonna have to make a decision about training soon so I have good moms for the next run.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too much water????

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That was my first thought, but this isn't like droop, it's like she's pulling in on herself. The leaves are stiff not slightly wilted or hanging. Other than that she seems very healthy.

Sorry for the blurry pics, damn tremors... Hoping to get a tripod soon. If anyone want's a better pic just say so, I'm always looking for a reason to visit the ladies

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

And last but not least the 3 Death Stars in the tank.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                  Water Curing Experiment
                  My E&F System

Comment

Oh hell...

So I've been using tap water but it's just been a nightmare, 30ml of PH down just to get to 6 and constantly trending up. So being the smart guy I am.... I picked up some RO for this res change. Now I've never worked for RO before but I have a fair idea of what's going to change for me including being able to cut down on the PH Down and that less will work more because of the lower ppm and all.

So, still thinking I'm a smart man, I decide that we'll start with a capfull of PH down and see where we need to go from there. So now I'm looking at my Rez of all fresh water and nutes with a 4.x PH....and no way to go get another jug of water.

I'm hoping the airstones will get it to trend up some. Also added some plain water to dilute things a bit. Anyother ideas?

The Ganja Ged Thread
                    Water Curing Experiment
                    My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Add pH up.

• GanjaGed
                      GanjaGed commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Isn't the plan not to use both in the same tank? I guess that's just to keep someone from doing it all the time, and would be fine on a single time.

That's not good G.G. maybe next time you check. it will be up some. Hope so . Have you checked again lately?
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Anything more han a few drops of ph down means something is not right. If you have RO water. Mix it with a little tap water to get a stable water. Let's say half a little (quart) of tap water for every gallon of RO water. You want ph to drop easily but with pure RO water any nute is going to lower it too much and you'll need ph up. There is a right way to mix everything with no need for ph buffers. Try with the tap and to mix and if the ph drops too much after nutes then next time add more tap water. If it doesn't drops enough then next time less tap water

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                        9fingerleafs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You'll find the perfect ratios in a few weeks and you'll forget about ph down

Yep, got it back to 5.x Won't make that mistake twice;. :breaks out the 1ml syringe, lol.

Luckily a keep a second res on hand and get it all mixed and set before I switch, so the plants hung out in the old water until I got it fixed.

Oh yea, a root pic!

The Ganja Ged Thread
                      Water Curing Experiment
                      My E&F System

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X