Galaxyhydro 300w soil grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxyhydro 300w soil grow

Hello everyone. Over the past year or so, I've been trying my hand at growing some mota (cannabis). I did a couple of White Widows from seed first, then tried a few autos (various strains just for fun) from Seedsman. I had 2 plants (max) going at the same time. The plants grew, they flowered and I harvested what they produced. The yields weren't bad but not stellar; the smoke has been good. I've been trying to follow the GWE tutorials and any success I may have had is because of them. What I cannot produce is firm nuggets. They buds feel firm and solid when still on the branch right before harvest but, after they dry for a few days, you can feel the buds losing their firmness and become "larfy", (I believe that's the description I've seen used here), even the main cola.

Is it the light that is causing the larfy buds? Is it because I'm growing in soil vs DWC? Or, am I full of baloney and don't really know what I'm doing?

P.S -- I recently got some Koolbloom for this grow but have not begun to use it. I just switched to 12-12.

My setup:
    One White Widow Fem (manifolding this one)
    3x3x72 tent
    Galaxyhydro 300w
    FF Ocean Forest Soil
    Fox Farms Trio (3/4 to full strength)
    Cal-Mag
    pH 6.5

Thanks, y'all.

Sounds like you are harvesting before the calyxes swollen completely. Try giving it one more week. Imagine you going to harvest "late" witch rarely ever happens. You'll see a big difference

Comment

PapaJoe , that's some good advice from 9fingerleafs .Could be the light there all different, some better than others .I bought the same light after reading Nebula,s article on a grower getting over 4 oz with the light. The grow lasted 90 days.It's in GWE under LED lights it was a BigBangauto read it. So I said what the hell, I will try it to if I only get 1 oz it would be worth it to me.I have always grown outdoors, this is my first ever not using the sun .I am on day 55 and a few weeks to go but my buds look pretty good to me so for, and I sure ain't gonna rush it. Check it out and see if your Buds were about the same at that time. 46dayoldNLauto. Good luck.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Seriously? I've been harvesting (all autos, lately) based on the flowering times from the seed bank. I checked out the trichome cloudiness levels, too. The two coincided, you know? Dammit. I wanted to avoid getting too ripe and end up harvesting couch lock stuff. I'll admit to having some residual new-grower anxiousness but thought I was getting better! Not the light or medium, huh?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          nope, if you are sure you are not harvesting early then i would blame (in order): strain, pheno, light distance(being too close), temperature(high), humidity (high).... i grow with cfls now and i have denser buds than i used to under the sun with +30ºC and 80%RH. so i dont think a good led light cannot produce what cfl can

Thanks for the feedback, D.A.A.S.69. I checked out your NLauto pics and yes, mine looked quite similar. No rushing.

Comment

I wouldn't go by only what the seed bank says , there's several different ways to tell when their ready. There are some excellent articles on GWE about when to harvest.Read up on them and good luck on this grow.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks again, 9fingerleafs. I have tried to maintain the environment as directed in GWE. No extremes. The seeds, well, I went with a recommended bank and all of the buds came out about the same. It's gotta be the time factor. We shall see in 8, no, 9 weeks.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              excellent papa joe good luck

D.A.A.S.69 & 9fingerleafs et al. I followed your advice and let the plant go an extra 2 weeks, 10 weeks total in flower. I'm happy to report that the buds came out way tighter than my previous efforts. I didn't change anything other than giving them more time. Thanks again for the advice. Peace.

Comment

Well good, PapaJoe I'm glad they came out nice for you. Those lights grow some tight bud, I bet 2 of those lights in that tent of yours would do great. Peace
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X