Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will many Colas on a girl make them smaller than a girl with only a few?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will many Colas on a girl make them smaller than a girl with only a few?

It has been a source of rumination for me; I'm about to finish my 3rd grow and I've learned so much here at GWE, but it seems that training into 8 Colas makes them all smaller.

Perhaps there is a skill defect on my part, however I follow these forums religiously. My girl is healthy but the buds are nowhere compared to most grows posted on this forum.

She is a White Widow, germed on 2/09/17, transitioned on 04/26/17 (10 weeks old), currently in 6th week of flower (16 weeks old). Vegged with 24/0 and is now 12/12. Coco/Perlite with Flora grow line, Mars Hydro LED with 4 LED bulbs around perimeter.

My Flora Series chart says she still has 3-4 weeks left before harvest, that would make my Seed-to-Smoke time 6 months. All the tutorials talk 4 months and demonstrate bigger buds.

Help a brother out, what am I doing wrong.

This is only my opinion. It looks like you did the manifolding well, but it looks like you didn't tie down all of your branches. The 2 tallest colas seem to be much taller than the rest. . My take on t he manifolding tutorial is to provide more colas but in a flat table like structure. That gives all of the colas equal access to the light. By your other colas being so far from your light they are not able to grow at the same rate, the light is uneven.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

You did a good job WEED ,pretty plant ,but like Biker said you've got to keep them all even when your tying them down, about every two days you have to adjust them. Your still gonna get some nice bud.Good luck.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for input, I will do a better job tying down branches next grow.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          She looks good Weedgrodamus, and don't ruminate too much!! ;-}

• Weedgrodamus
          Weedgrodamus commented
          Editing a comment
          I try not to ruminate too much but my brain won't listen when its soaked in Sativa.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, that's a different situation, Weedgro: sativa-saturated rumination is da bomb!!!

Howdy Weedgrodamus, That plant looks good to me. I look at it this way, bud weight is bud weight, whether it is in one bud or many smaller ones. I do LST on my plants to get as much exposure to the light and the breeze for the buds. The biggest problem (in my opinion) to many bud sites is that they can take varying times to mature either delaying, or lengthening the time to complete the harvest.
        Good luck with Your growing.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Weedgrodamus
          Weedgrodamus commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree DW2, my top buds are almost ready but the bottoms still have some straight white hairs. Thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X