Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egad! My CMH bulb is 1000W not 300W. Is that a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egad! My CMH bulb is 1000W not 300W. Is that a problem?

While re positioning my CMH light, I noticed on the bulb is labeled 1000 watt, 5000 Kelvin.
    It was supposed to be 300 watt and 3200 Kelvin. I just took the unit out of the box and plugged it in.
    The girls definitely LOVE this light.
    First grow was harvested at 24" tall. Second grow, different strain, is 30" tall mid way into Week V. Another seven or eight weeks to go.
    I've been keeping the light 24" or so from the top of the plants.
    Should I make that longer? That is going to be a problem due to ceiling height.
    I also have (2) 300 W 5000K LED's helping out.

More light is no problem! If it ain't broke don't fix it! If they show no sign of heat stress and they are super healthy then keep on rolling!
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Every body looks very happy. No evidence of burn. Temps range from 72 to 78, RH 50-60%. Good air movement.
      I'm adding ,5 gallons of H2O to each Farm each morning. With more water added during the day.
      My concern is distance. I don't want to get too close. I Just moved the light up a bit, that's when I noticed the markings on the bulb.
      With ballast, assembled with reflector except for installing the bulb, it was on sale for $200.00 USD. Plug-n-Play.
      Growth, particularly in veg stage, is much thicker and robust compared to the first grow with just (2) 300W LED's.
      The Lavender 2 looks like it should be in the rain forest the leaves are so thick.
      No complaints, just don't want to burn.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya! Took me couple days to realize the intensity of the lec, but moved it back few inches. Hydro set up?

• Jason
        Jason commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Two little Water Farms. 2 gallons each. Its for me and what I give away. My non agricultural friends are most appreciative.

I run two of the 3:15 and keep mine 22 to 24 inches. If you paid for the 3200 Kelvin bulb that's what I would prefer myself unless it's a strictly vegging room.

Comment

Thanks for that tip. Here's a pic of the bulb.

Comment

Sent pic to my vendor. He says its 300W rated to 600V and 1000W. I wonder if another ballast would boost it to 1000W.
          No comment about the temperature Kelvin.
          Whatever it is the girls LOVE it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X