NL Auto First Grow - Opinions and Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NL Auto First Grow - Opinions and Feedback

I'm just looking for some opinions here. I planted these on 5/30 into 3 gallon smart pots and which i watered until runoff (took about half gallon each). These broke through the soil on 6/1 and were under one MarsHydro 300 and two 13w CFL bulbs until today when I added the second MarsHydro 300 (132 actual watts). The lights are at 24" and they have not been watered since the initial soil soaking. They're feeling pretty light so I'll water tonight or tomorrow. They are Nirvana Auto Northern Lights and are in a 2x4x6 tent with Fox Farms Happy Frog soil and perlite, a 4" fan with carbin filter, and a 6" desk fan for circulation. Pictures were taken today at day 8. I have Botanicare Grow, Bloom, and CalMag but probably won't use until week 3 or so. I plan to start nutes at 1/4 strength and include CalMag at 1/4 strength with each feeding. Any thoughts or tips?
    Last edited by rydin4life; 06-08-2017, 12:39 PM.

Nice start to your first grow! 😊 Don't have much to suggest...sounds like you've considered and provided the basics so far. Hold on to your patience at this young stage...things will soon start speeding up once your babies get the next growth spurt. Best of luck to you! 🌱🌱
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Good deal rydin looking good, their slow to start but will really take off in a day or two.Best of luck.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Yeah, not much to opinionate about.👍
        You seem like you're off to a good start. Nice clean setup you have. I'd say trust in yourself and enjoy the show!

Comment

Thanks guys! When I water the guys tonight or tomorrow, should I just do a little or saturate until runoff like I originally did? I read conflicting opinions but it seems like watering until runoff is the way to go. Also, do I sound correct in starting grow nutes and calms and round week 3?

Comment

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            Just my opinion. I have recently learned that a good solid water then leave it alone works best. I do believe we all tend to want to smother our plants with love! I water to runoff. Further explain my way, hand water here so...I start watering a little and then a little more then it starts a couple drops out bottom, then I water a little more and it starts pouring out bottom. I stop at that point. I then let dry a lot. Can't really say a number of days. It is about the same over and over but that might be three days might be a week. Just depends on variables of your grow. Hope this helps.

Brother you water the way you want to, but at that age i would only water in a little circle around them till they get growing good. Don't know any thing bout FFHF but I'm sure it's got enough good stuff in it for at least a month or so read up on the soil it will tell you . I wouldn't give them anything for at least a month then very little that stuff strong. Good luck P.S. that's just the way I would do it , it don't mean it's the only way ,everybody's different
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 06-08-2017, 05:03 PM.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Rydin i hate to jump back in but that seedling is in a big pot to start with and you only need to water in a little 2 inch circle till she starts growing with not much water, when she starts growing good and gets some good roots in maybe a week or later then you can start watering to runoff. It takes to long for the pot to dry out and they will drown ,or either it will stunt them. Good luck.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Jeg
              Jeg commented
              Editing a comment
              What he said...I wasn't considering the size of your pot. Mine would still be in solos at that age. My bad

Great start and I agree to take it easy on the watering while they are seedlings. You gave great information but how is your temp and humidity? Do you have a fresh air source? You may want to hang your temp gauge once they start growing. Keep it around the top of the canopy as they grow. I've grown in FFHF using the FF trio. The soil has a nice nutrient mix and lasted me 3-4 weeks before I started light doses of Grow Big. A good root treatment like Great white is a good idea too, in the first few weeks. Good Luck.
            4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Well shit!...I just watered before reading this and gave them a really good soak, but I have about 30% perlite so they drain well. It's also the first watering and they were very light and my soil metee rrad a 2/10 for moisture. Hipefully if I leace them be theyll be just fine. Temp range from 73-76 and humidity at 60-65%. I have two passive air intakes at the bottom of the tent and one round one at the top. I'm going through a 4" in line fan for exhaust and a 6" clip fan for circulation.
              Last edited by rydin4life; 06-08-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Jeg
                Jeg commented
                Editing a comment
                They will be fine. Do you know how much water you gave them? Regardless my point was more to let them be after you water. They don't like to stay wet

Bro get an ice pick or a safety pin an go all around your smart pot poking a whole bunch of holes that will help them air out you ain't gonna hurt nothin. You gonna be alright, just remember very little water on seedlings not even half a cup ,be sure to check PH. Good luck.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks again guys. I took a dental pick and put about 10 small holes in the bottom of the pots. This is what I have as of 1pm..about 17 hours after watering...thoughts?

Comment

Looking good buddy ,wouldn't hurt to get your humidity up a little though.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

So the big watering doeant seem to be causing any ill effects...they look good for day you think? Any suggestions for upping humidity? They drained some water into the containers under the pots which is still in there.

Comment

Your gonna be alright , probably slow em down a little, maybe ,maybe not , I'm not saying I'm right but I like to make them hunt for water instead of staying wet all the time, seems like they get rooted quicker and grow faster. Your humidity is not to bad hang wet towels in your tent an try to get them 65 -70 percent. You sure got a nice tent. Are you checking PH?
                      Cfls for a week or two
                      36x36x63 inch tent.
                      Smart pots
                      Molasses
                      Autoflowers

Comment

• Jeg
                        Jeg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I sorta agree. I've just noticed they like to grow right after a good watering and then they chill for a bit

I watered with about 6.4 pH last night and bought a soil meter for moisture content and soil pH so I'll check that tonight.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X