in hydro what should the tds be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in hydro what should the tds be?

Total desolved solids in hydro what should ur numbers range inbetween?

all tds meters actually measure electro conductivity and then they convert based on different compounds depending on the brand and model. Most likely your meter uses the 500 scale or the 700 scale. So the 500 one will display 500ppm for every EC point. So the range you want to keep your reservoir is from 0.5 EC (low feeding) up to 1.5 EC (super high) this will translate into 250-750ppms with the 500 scale
    and 350-1100 with the 700 scale. Hope this helps. If you want to know more about this I created a thread called "very important to everyone ppm". Search for it and give it a look. There you can find out what scale your meter uses

Comment

My tds reads 820

Comment

Thank you very much fingers I appricate the guidence and thank you everyone else as well it's my 1st hydro grow so I'm a little unsure about things lol my roots are finaly growing thro my pots tho that's a gd sign

Comment

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Lookin good!!!

Week 3/ day 21

Comment

Let me tell you. It all looks perfect. Keep researching and learning. All that ppm and the relation to the ph it's kinda "not for beginners" stuff not because it's complex it is just confusing and very hard to get your head around without experience. Practice will force you to understand how the water behaves. Only with time it will become clear it is "important" but at the same time not as much as other things. So don't worry much about that right now. Those readings seem ok to me. Try just for fun measuring your waters ph and ppm before and after adding the nutrients. Once you know your water is all downhill good luck my friend

Comment

Thank you very much I appricate it I look forward to learning about hydro

Comment

Check Everest Fernandez on YouTube. Great videos. No weed at all. the guy grows veggies but the info is priceless

Comment

Thank you

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are welcome

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X