How do you utilize PPM in your grows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you utilize PPM in your grows

I read through through the tutorial but I'm still not sure if I should measure and track PPM and how to adjust nutrition based on the measurements. I'm doing bubbletronics DWC grow and debating on getting a PPM meter.

Thanks for advice.

Yeah totally get one. I use mine to measure the electro conductivity (I convert) of the water with nutrients before I water. Super confusing topic and many people disagree about it but one thing is for sure. It does help you understand the plant so get one and go crazy

Comment

• Formernuke
      Formernuke commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you do with the readings once you add your nutrition? If it's low do you add more nutrition or something else? If it's high do you go lower on the nutrients? So in other words how do you use the ppm measurements

Yes. I've elaborated before in this thread http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...veryone-ec-ppm

Comment

Personally I know know my tap and drinking. Water EC so I measure once in a while or when I mix different ratios but after a while you can predict how the ph is going to behave. For example my tap water is 1.5 EC. That's super high. My drinking water is 0.03 EC. Super low. So I take 3 liters (quarts) of my drinking water and I add around half a little of tap water. This brings it around 0.4 EC. Much more stable ph. Then I add the nutes up to 1.0 or even 1.2 during pk boost. I flush with my drinking water until the runoff gets around >0.3

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X