Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Grow Tent do you use? What would make it better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Grow Tent do you use? What would make it better?

I'm looking at 4'x4' tents. Gorilla tents read good, what works for you?

I have two Apollo 4x4's. They're cheap and I've had no complaints in the 9 months I've owned the first one. The zippers are still working great on the main door. I open it 2-3 times a day on average.

I'm still on the lookout for a good fan solution for circulation. I've toyed with the idea of mounting a wall-mounted fan to the inside of the tent somehow but I got busy and haven't revisited the idea. I'm currently leaning towards an oscillating tower fan. They have a slim profile and decent height. I think they'd work the best for me.

I've heard nothing but great things about Gorilla tents. They are the standard. I had to figure out best bang for the buck for my total setup, the tent was low priority so I spent the extra on a better reflector. No regrets.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I just keep the front flaps open and stick a ocilating fan in front. Then at night when I put them to bed. I close it up. After 12 hours I open them back up again. Who said growing pot is easy? LOL I do have a 8" fan hanging inside that runs 24 7.

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      Good info. Would work for me.

I have a 3x3x6 made by sunhut....Love it would not change a thing actually.I have 10 ladies in here in their second week of bud.

.....May the green be with you.....
    Last edited by Green75; 09-28-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      In pic. #3 what is the black pipe looking thing.

• Royal Nugs
      Royal Nugs commented
      Editing a comment
      Oscillating tower fan

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      I like it.

2x4x5' IPower tent for $60. Cheap but so far worth it. If it lasts for an entire grow I'll be happy. I'll definitely be upgrading to something taller.

Comment

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking for many uses from one tent.

I wish mine was taller!

Comment

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going for 6' tall at least.

I haven't gotten the chance to take pictures since I've set it back up, but I'm just running with an Eco Worthy 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 ft. It's pretty tiny, but I recently started growing about a year ago. Only looking to have about 3 plants in flower for this tent, however I plan to do a ton of training. I really enjoy the topping and LST combo, of course strain pending lol once I get more money I definitely plan to upgrade!
    -Wattze

Comment

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      This likely all I would need.

We bought an Apollo 48" x 96" by 80". Hubby did the research and dollar for dollar many experienced users said the Apollo, which is cheaper, was just as good as the Gorilla. We originally had 21 seedlings and they were growing by leaps and bounds. Not being sure how many females we'd have, we went big. Ended up with only 5 pretty girls, but it sure is nice to be able to get right in the tent to water and inspect without disturbing the plants too much.

Comment

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      A little large for me, but since it a good quality tent Mfg. I will check into a smaller model. Thanks

4x4x7 Virtual Sun. Had it for 6 years. The thing I would change is that it had a side door. That would make it easier to water the once in the back. Other then that it's a grow tent. It does the job.

Comment

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      Great info. Thanks

I have the Gorilla lite 4x2 tent. Really happy with it but I wish I'd brought the height extension up front. If you like to grow lanky sativas and you use LED lights you'll want as much height as you can get.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      My original choice, extra height is good if there is room over head.

SecretJardin DarkRoom 90 v2.5... nothing to complain, love the sock ports...

Comment

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I'll look them up.

Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      My ceiling won't the extension but still fine.

• Charlie
      Charlie commented
      Editing a comment
      looks plenty big and tall

• Wattze
      Wattze commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty impressive! I'd love to get something up like that some day, I just more space lol

Very nice setup Tika! So clean!

Comment

Tika I am so envious!

I don't have room or money for that. I found one on Amazon I think I could fit the footprint but if I get a new tent it is going to be at least 90" tall. I like sativas.

I like the idea that this is a 2 in 1 36x36 and 12x36 on the other side of a divider for an overall 48x36x70. Two problems: 1. Not tall enough which is a deal breaker and 2. the floorplan and doors won't fit my space. I would need the mirror image of that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GrowTent.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1337

Attached Files

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL I like Sativas also-first 2 years nothing but..training them low... i admit Indicas are a relief!

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Still having trouble even finding how to comment in appropriate space...duhh
        Anyway yes indeed I missed the thc and cbd part. Normally work from iPad but the Mac didn't help much either. Will keep trying
        And thanks

• Charlie
        Charlie commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the split format, Veg and Flowering at the same time, continuous harvest. Is access to the main area a problem?

4x4 Gorilla Tent. Solid and the zippers are very heavy duty. Nice viewing windows, plenty of vents, bigger thicker poles and metal corners. Just read the frickin instructions or you might have to rework things a time or two. Over the years I spent too much $$$ on crappy $100-$150 tents (which do work...) but the zippers are the first thing to break on all of them. Gorillas from now on.

Comment

• Charlie
        Charlie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I have ben penny wise and pound foolish before myself.

Hello everyone I'm been researching grow tent and man it so hard to decide on what brand.it's gonna be my second try.so I want to do it right this time.I found a grow tent set.but I want experience advice before I go and buy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X