Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs

Fixing to start a couple more plants in a couple weeks, whenever get seeds in. Just ordered some more KindSoil, checked on my half bag of FFOF that I had put up in a good spot an when I opened it up to look at it ,damned bugs everwhere. When I bought it I looked at several different bags of it they all had bugs in them, not many but some, nursery said that was normal.Can I put something in to kill em or just a new bag. Thanks
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Depends on the bug... If it's harmless to your plants, it's mostly useful! Are they tunneling in the soil or crawling over the surface? Diatomaceous earth should help if they are crawling.
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

Thanks Man they look like gnats just crawling around but there a lot more than when I bought it.The people at KindSoil said they have never opened a bag of FFOF without seeing bugs, that's why they don't care for it. Thanks Minoo96
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Do they fly? You don't want gnats laying eggs in your soil.

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        No problems.
        If there are much more than when you opened the bag, tell them! OK cool there are bugs in the bags, first of all its not every maker of soil like that (didn't find bugs in my soil, or at least none my eye could see! Cause actually there were tiny little bugs. Ate my seed......) and second if they start to proliferate when you plant then it becomes useless! They should treat the soil before putting in bag, if when opened infestation starts. Anyway. Take pictures of the insect(s). Post it here, in this post, people might be able to help you further. Show it to your seller also, ask if they have anything to deal with that. (ask them first if they know what it is, they could try to sell you some general product without knowing/caring, hoping it'll help you... It's always better i.m.o to treat an infestation with products designed for this particular infestation.)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X