Thing sure have changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing sure have changed

Hello growers, first let me say i am 66 yrs old and a first generation hippie,oringinal woodstock and 20 dollar ozs. It truly amazes me to read some of the posts whine about not getting huge yield and tight buds. 55 yrs ago we were thankful for crappy Mexican dirt weed, which had stems ,seed leaves and dirt and took 2 dubs to get high.( probrubly soon extinct land race ). We forget that nature is in charge here and we get what we get. On that note anything we grow is100% better than 55 yrs ago. Be thankful for the info on sites like this and sit back and admire the miracle before us, relax and enjoy life Peace to all

Yeah if you had weed that was green and no seeds everybody wanted to be your friend. You had something nobody else had and it was rare. Oh, the good old days.

Comment

• Harry
      Harry commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember tai sticks. And all the seeds separated in a shoe box lid. Top and ez wider were the only wrappers you. Oils buy. Lol lot of fun back then

Oh yeah Welcome to The Forum.

Comment

great post man, you should share your thoughts with us more often, i see you been here since the beginning but way too quiet glad to have you among us

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i need to ask, you were smoking at 11 years old?

9 fingers..........born 1951 started partying 1968.... drafted for Nan 1970

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh yeah that makes more sense haha about the war. I'm sorry to hear that man hopefully your future will be full with joy and laughs and lots of cannabis

Green thumb Saw my first Sinsi in the Florida swamps around 1974 ....12-14 ft tall , cut it down with a saw

Comment

9 fingers............... used weed for post tram stress long before they knew what it was

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure you did. And I'm glad it helps

the WEED i miss most smelled like someone stuffed a pine tree in a baggie

Comment

Born in 1951 also I remember if you had 400 bucks you could get 10 lbs.1 was 80 bucks 10 buck ozs. I do know we just lost another one of the best bluesman of all time. Rest in Peace GREGG ALLMAN
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

daas...........went to a zepplin concert .stairway to heaven at the aud 10 dollar tickets. Lights came on.. blue smoke so thick, couldnt see 10 ft floated home

Comment

Saw them LSU assembly center and at University of Alabama.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Nice thoughts buffalobuds I remember 15 dollar 3 finger lids those were the days haha . smoke is so much better now . Welcome Home brother you boys got short changed when you got home so thank you as well I was in just after Nam
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Zativa
                  Zativa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A lot of people these days have never used the word 'lid' as a unit of measure. In those early days, weed was a central part of the underground culture which is now so much a part of our country. I got through college in the late '60s, which was when partying switched from kegs outdoors to private gatherings in locked dorm rooms.

Never thought I would see the day i'd witness whats going on in america. In the 60's and 70's everyone partied at concerts , no one gave a shit. then along came Ronny and Nancy Reagan to get the popular vote declared war on the hippies. All the old politicians are kicking off and my generations in power an finally figured out they can't win the war on pot, BUT they can make money, imagine that. Maybe before i kick off it will be legal coast to coast.

Comment

• bluecanoe
                  bluecanoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm with you buffalo. I remember $15 lids, baggies so fat you couldn't get them closed. People willing to front lbs of Acapulco Gold @$400 each to be split up and sold for a little more than $15, but not much. Huge buds weren't a big deal, we didn't mind seeds, kept them for years and then got paranoid and threw them away (still kicking myself for that). And then the paraquat scare....that's when we settled for bunk.
                  Ronnie and Nancy had to have a catchphrase and so it was her Just Say No! While they probably went into the private residence and took their pills and drank their alcohol and consulted their astrologist...they just threw a wrench in the works.
                  I've not smoked as long as you, just about 41 years since meeting my husband, and I don't know that the cannabis today is stronger (chemically maybe) than what we had back then, I remember getting so stoned and trying to figure out how long it would take the earth to go dark if someone flipped the switch to the sun! We don't have those conversations anymore! Those were deep thoughts. I think it's just different.
                  Now for me it's just medicine, for sleep, and pain, and anxiety among other things, and recreation as well...I do think, if we fight hard enough and speak out loud enough eventually we will get national legalization, at least I hope so. We do have proof that it works for so many different ailments, doctors reversing their stance on it, we still have a few hardliners who have their heads up their asses and think that it's as bad as heroin....maybe one day they will have a loved one who is only helped by cannabis and then they will change their closed minds. Not wishing anything bad on anyone, just for them to HAVE to open their minds about it.
                  If we all keep pointing out that money is to be made, lots and lots of money is to be made from taxes levied on legal cannabis maybe we'll succeed. Sooner rather than later.
                  Thank you for your service, it's much appreciated.

Bluecanao.... Excellent reply, you hit it right on the head. Who knows there still may be hope for a hassle free life.. I use for pain from many past injuries. Wish i could do it with out playing SPY vs SPY.

Comment

• bluecanoe
                  bluecanoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Buffalo, my main saying about life is 'gotta have hope'. Without hope there's nothing left, and we can't afford to move to a place where cannabis is already legal, so I too play spy vs spy. Just try to slide by below the radar, being a middle-aged woman who keeps to herself. We recently moved to a new place, and as far as anyone who meets us knows, we just moved from the city to get away from the noise and commotion to live a quieter life. And I'm anti-social so that helps a lot!

bluecanoe.....I live in the suburbs , houses 2-3 hundred ft apart, big lots, lots of open land, so i grow in the yard, in 3 gal. pots, planted 4 short autos 2 1/2 weeks ago. Only 3 can up. Rained for the last 8 days, highs around 60, lows in 50,s. Predicting next 7 days sunny and high 70,s and 80,s. They are 2 in. tall and should triple in a weeks time. Short stuff #1 largest, critical next and delish dark purple at 1 1/2 in. Last year I had 2 short stuff #1, grow to be 2 1/2 ft. yield 108 gr. wet - 38 gr. dry. cured for 30 days. sweet mellow and smooth.. Have'not grown my own in 30 yrs. Did lots of research here and other sites. Really lucked out.. How about you?

Comment

• bluecanoe
                  bluecanoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are in the country, but not that far away from neighbors, but more than what I had in the city for sure. The houses there were so close you could hear someone fart inside with the windows and doors closed! But our one neighbor down here is nosy, and people have a boundary issue so I would never dream of growing outdoors, unless I hit the lottery and am able to buy acres and acres, in that case I intend to grow hemp for income and cannabis for me.
                  Before we moved we always had someone to get something from, here we have no connections who we trust and don't charge an arm and a leg for 3 buds of so-so shit, I decided to try my hand at growing out of necessity. I've been an avid flower and veggie gardener for years so I knew I could do it.
                  I thought we only had one cop, but found out different when the house next door got busted for meth, there were 15 cop cars in my yard, on the street and next door and pickup trucks were hauling more cops in in the back of the trucks! Every gov't agency you can think of.
                  Now I am very, very careful, so you see why I don't grow outdoors! And it's already hot here, 90's during the day and upper 70's at night, and we have plenty of humidity!! Come August and September it'll be over 100 for weeks at a time and humidity so bad it will feel like a wet blanket thrown over you when you walk out of the house. But it will rain most every afternoon.
                  I just harvested my first grow in over 30 years yesterday, it wasn't much. I call it a bonsai plant. An autoflower Northern Lights. It only got 10 inches tall, and the sister plant is almost half again as tall but not flowering, (with the same exact soil, light, pots, water, fertilizer, airflow, everything) I have been told on here that it could be a photo instead of auto so I switched it to 12/12 yesterday, and am going to wait 2 weeks and see if anything happens. I took clones off that plant and am worried that the clones won't produce either, but if they are photos and I know it in advance, then I can adjust the lights accordingly.
                  I've learned a lot on here, and hope my next grow is more successful than this last one. I wish I had all the seeds I threw away, but hindsight is 20/20 huh? I'll just get some more and start again if this last plant and the clones are duds. I want to keep a perpetual grow so I never run out of medicine. It helps me in so many different ways. You're lucky you can grow outside, sounds like you have the perfect climate. Good luck to you!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X