Almost finished with first grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost finished with first grow

I am a week from harvesting my first grow. I can't say it was a raving success. I planted 3 Northern Lights Autoflower seeds and two took. The one plant I am ready to harvest because the trichomes are turning amber is more like a bonsai plant than what I've seen here. The buds are small and petite, but it's covered in them and It's all of 10" tall. The sister plant is 15+ inches tall and has yet to begin to bud. It has the tiny while hairs all over it and that's as far as it goes, no budding activity at all. I can't post pics because my camera doesn't focus in good enough without blurring and I don't have a smart phone. But it looks identical to how the flowering plant did before the buds started so I'm 99.99% sure that it's a female.
    I'm curious as to why one plant did what it was supposed to do but didn't grow the stated 24-32", and the one that grew tall looks more like sativa than indica, and hasn't produced one bud. I intend to let it keep growing to see what it does.
    I took two clones off the taller plant, and one has wilted, the other seems fine for now. I know that Nebula said autoflower clones take longer to root, but the one that bit the dust is not going to make it. My worry now is that since I took the clones off the plant that didn't bud,and it makes it will I have another non-productive plant? I'd just as soon buy more seeds and start from scratch.
    The plants have been grown in the exact same environment, soil, temp between 75-80 degrees, humidity is good, led light, not sure the wattage, but on the entire grow for 24/0. I did not add nutrients until the one plant started to flower since the soil was organic with worm casings and mixed with a potting soil with vermiculite. I started using a bloom booster, because I am in a rural area and nobody, except the co-op carries the nutrients, except that I have to buy hundreds of pounds to cover acres instead of just 10 ounces! I found a bloom booster with 15-30-15 but was told to go lower on the nitrogen, so I found one with 2-7-4 and have been using that. I can't say I've noticed any difference. This is a very short shoe-string budget grown because we live on a very limited income and I need the medicine.
    In the last week, the taller plant has started to look like it has light burn, probably because I added a 60 watt cfl for the flowering plant, and I can't move the light up anymore because of the height of the other plant and the space constraints, so I moved it just out of the grow area, it can and does still get light, but is not getting burned. I hope the lone clone makes it so I can transplant it and let it turn into a real plant.
    I can say I have learned a lot, freaked a lot, learned to let things just slide, because after all they are just weeds and will grow regardless. I just wish I was harvesting two nice big healthy plants instead of a bonsai Northern lights. I can say that I dried a few of the buds that were more done, and they were GREAT! And I guess that's all that matters.
    When I start my next grow I'll let you know.
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Hang in there keep doing research watch videos read this website it will get easier I promise. Lots of knowledge on this form , the more you know the more you will grow 😎

Comment

Hello Bluecanoe. I hate they didn't turn out to good it could be a lot reasons, some grow good and some don't. Least you got a little. What kind of lights you using and did you mix up that soil yourself ? Where did you get your seeds ? NL autos are supposed to be pretty tough plants. I'm growing one also and it's only 47 days old and she's doing ok. First pistils showed up on day 22. How long you been growing those plants ?
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        9 weeks. The seedbank said, approx 10 weeks til harvest. The buds are just now starting to turn amber so I think it's time. I used LED lights, not sure of what wattage, and eventually added a small 60 watt cfl. I bought soil, the organic and then mixed it with the potting soil with vermiculite. The next grow I will mix my own, already have it ready to mix when the time comes.

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I failed to tell you where I got my seeds. I got them from I Love Growing Marijuana.com. They are very good about replacing seeds if they get stopped by customs and if they don't germinate. Free Shipping. Lots of support, but not like here. If I have to buy seeds again there is a strain I want from a place called SeedSupreme, it's called Jackpot. Has anyone used this seed bank or strain?

Hey bluecanoe, the one plant that is showing to be female but has no buds may be a photo, not a auto. Can you harvest the one then switch your light to a 12/12 schedule and see what happens after a couple of weeks you may be surprised.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I am waiting to harvest and then I will be able to better adjust the light height to accommodate the plant and will switch from 24/0 to 12/12 and see what happens. It was all an experiment anyway just to see if I could do better than I did in the 80's when I grew 2 plants in the closet in my apartment and got 2 buds. Sure wish I had all the seeds that we got paranoid about and threw away....but, hindsight is 20/20 huh? Thanks for the advice. It's much appreciated.

You'll do better next time, bet you had fun anyhow didn't you? Have heard of SeedSupreme but not jackpot .Look up southern Oregon seeds if you live in the state's you'll get them in 3 or 4 days.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks I do live in the states and will look them up. I did have fun, have always been an avid gardener, fruits, veggies and flowers and that one time back in the 80's! Now it's a matter of need for medicine and not being able to afford or trust who I get it from.

Well, I harvested the one plant that had buds, if you can all them that. I got a grand total of....drum roll please.....1/4 oz. Disappointed to say the least, but it's okay, just would have liked to have harvested at least an ounce or more. The other plant that was taller, had pistils and no flowers at all, has been changed over to a 12/12 light schedule for almost 2 weeks. It looks pitiful. The top leaves are burnt from the light not being high enough to accommodate both plants, so as soon as I harvested the smaller plant I raised the light and started 12/12. I do see new growth on the plant, and hope that it can be saved and will produce something. The clones seem to be okay, one was droopy and I, being who I am, pulled it up to see if it had roots. It didn't and the stem was soggy so I pulled it off and stuck it back in the soil. Now it looks okay. Both clones have new growth, but am not seeing roots come out the drain holes yet. I'm giving them plenty of time since Nebula said clones from autoflowers tend to take longer to root. In 3 days they'll be 4 weeks old, and I have time.
      I would have loved to have harvested more, but I have gained a lot more knowledge and the next grow, whether it's the clones or via seeds, I am more confident and know I have wisdom on this forum just ready to be tapped.
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

Hello Blue , Congratulations on your first harvest. That's better than a whole lot of people can say. You have got more experience now ,and the next one will be a lot easier. I know you had fun plus you got the right attitude. I know your gonna get good at it. Good luck and keep posting.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks y'all!
          Current grow:
          2-300w led lights
          2- 5 gal fiber pots
          Seeds:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X