Can CFL's help for sidelight in flower with 1200 watt LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can CFL's help for sidelight in flower with 1200 watt LED

growing in soil in a 4x4 tent , 3 plants , 1200 watt King Led , I'm at about 7 weeks veg and wondering if adding CFL's , cause I have them , would help as sidelight ?
    You guys goy me here so far !!
    Cheers
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Thank you Mr Murphy. Was going for those curly CFLs ??
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

They will work just fine...Good luck

Comment

Thank you . In place and on watch . Much appreciated .

Comment

Was wondering if 100 watt curly CFL's are enough . I put 4 in the 4x4 tent with my 1200 watt LED . Cant find anything higher watt ?? Thoughts ?
          As always ......thank you

Comment

a 1200 watt led and still need side lighting ?? You should read up on lumens and get a lux meter instead of trying to guess go right to the science

Comment

I do understand lumens however you are right . Don't really know what the 1200 LED puts out in true watts . Thought those meters are really expensive ??First grow thinking more was better . It would be great to know for sure. Thanks for the input. I'm looking into one.
              Cheers

Comment

• mad2T
                mad2T commented
                Editing a comment
                dude, 1200w LED is a kickAss light source.... I've burnt out leaves with just one LED80w in incorrect distance!!!!
                train them, defoliate them, ......., your setup is nice, take advantage of it.

if you don't have any devices to measure lumens, just test your light source in different heights.
                let that beautiful light shine on them,

another thing, extra co2 and nutrients wouldn't be a bad idea with sun in your tent lol

Hey mad2T . Looking in to co2 ....big believer! Jury is still out for me as to LED versus almost anything else . They say 1200 watts but are they really ? Being my first I am experimenting with light distance and currently sit at 30" . King recommends 36" . I had it there but things seemed slow . I moved it down a week ago and things look better. No sign of burn or purpling.Getting some stretch as we end week 7.
              Scrog, trim, hoot ,repeat ! Anyone know how much and best source for lumemeter ?
              Thanks !!

Comment

• mad2T
                mad2T commented
                Editing a comment
                Co2 is awesome dude,
                but for LEDs... dude 1200w is real but light loose its power in further distance, tops of your plants in good distance from your LED reaching enough light, but as it gets ...further there's not enough power in it,
                I've read before that 6000 lumens per m2 is essential for growing but this lumens is produced only in 1 spot, if it's get further it's not good anymore .
                there's same output in 1000w hps and 1000w LED, the difference is in electricity used.
                and the structure of light, hps and mh are scattered, but LEDs are straight.
                you can get 6000-8000 lumens with both,.... but one in 30cm and another in 60cm high up the plant for example,
                you know light is something that plant can get it as long and as much as sun would bring! so in my opinion much is better!
                by rising your co2 levels and nutrients level you can put your light even closer, don't forget air circulation,
                bring your light toward your plant don't be scared , give them a little light stress and judge your distance by that.

I would bet its right under 600...maybe 520-580 thats about what most ivve looked at ended up bein
              Visit my current grow at
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

Thanks Blazed ! I was told it was around there. Still playing with distance from plants. Wish the manufacture would state true watts or lumens . So many cheap and suspect LED's out there.

Comment

Hey Mad2T . Great info. You sound like you have done your homework. Just looking for a formula that will work so I can stop worrying about enough light ,too much light and distances. I am journaling to avoid mistakes a 2nd time as well as gleaning all I can from wizards like yourself in this forum. Such a great resource and helpful members ....thank you !
                  By the way you must be Canadian Eh (using metric ).........me too. Cheers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X