Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GJ#7 - First time top-fed DWC / Custom Grow Cabinet / Berry Bomb

Good morning fellow growers!

Starting another grow today. Although this is my 7th grow overall, this is my very first time with a top-fed DWC. I've been reading, reading some more, and then reading some more. So I hope I got it right.
    • Strain: Berry Bomb (Indica-dominant hybrid, feminized seed from Bomb Seeds)
    • Medium: Hydroton in net pot; 10-gallon reservoir with 5 gallons water.
    • Light: G8LED 240-watt full-spectrum LED; suspended 20 inches above net pot; supplemented by 90-watt UFO lamp for flowering.
    • Light schedule: 19 hours on / 5 hours off.
    • Nutrients: GH Flora Trio (FloraMicro, FloraGro, FloraBloom), also using CalMag and HydroGuard.
    • Temps / Humidity: Temps are consistently at 70-75 degrees during the day and mid-60's at night. Humidity currently hovers around 50% but I expect that to drop into the 20's-30's as the colder season approaches.
    • Seed placed in net pot on 08/06/2017
    Due to the constraints of my cabinet, I had to look high and low for a reservoir that would hold enough water yet fit within the floor-print of my box. Due to my limited height, I will be using a combination of topping and an adjustable SCROG net to main-line her into eight mains before flipping to flower. And since I have no intentions of growing more than one plant at a time, my reservoir lid only has three cutouts, one for the net pot and two for access / servicing.

Wish me luck as I am one nervous SOB. I hope this goes well and I can avoid any major screw-ups.
    Last edited by JohnC; 08-06-2017, 03:12 PM.

Good Luck JohnC ,

Comment

6 grows under your belt already? You got this!
      My first grow
      Nirvana ♀ Northern Light photo
      Outdoors
      Kind Soil/Roots Organic Original
      5 gal. Smart Pots

Comment

Luck! But you got it under control,

settles in for the ride
        I'm an old man with dementia, there are times I don't recognize myself in the mirror, why the hell are you taking advise from me?!

The Ganja Ged Thread Mischief, Mayhem, Dementia, what more could one want?

Until you can explain to me why a person in America should ever be subject to imprisonment when they have injured no other person, stolen nothing, and damaged nothing, any argument you have against changing current drug laws is moot..

Comment

Well, not much to report this week other than I have LIFE!

I sowed the seed on Saturday and I guess my expectations were too high to start as she didn't pop the surface of the rapid rooter until Thursday (5 days later).

Although I didn't need to, I went ahead and did a reservoir change last night just so I can get into the habit of doing it and establishing a routine while dialing in nutrients / mixing levels.

If anyone is interested, here is a summary of the strain:

Berry Bomb by Bomb Seeds - Berry Bomb is a special cross of a hand selected Blueberry mother with the all powerful Bomb #1 father. The result is outstanding; think Blueberry, but bigger yields, more THC and we think a better taste.The influence of our Bomb #1 strain gives Berry Bomb explosive growth while making the strain much easier to grow (both indoors and out) and easier to trim than the original. This strain produces a fat dominant single kola with large internodal distances and the characteristic explosive bomb upward growth. This is an excellent choice for SCROG. Indoors the plant will stay of medium height but outdoors this beauty can get huge. Like most purple/blue strains, Berry Bomb will turn blue under correct conditions (i.e. cooler, lower temperatures at night). It is considered to have good mold resistance. At harvest, buds are super frosty with a sweet berry perfume and taste. Delivering a classic indica high with some sativa qualities thanks to the Blueberry mother it won't lay you out for the count.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X