Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Grow. Please help diagnose these plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Grow. Please help diagnose these plants?

Hello Everyone,

Reading through, this forum seems like a really great place for a beginner to learn. Long time smoker, first time grower here. I bought some clones and sort of jumped into this without all the necessary equipment, but am gathering it as I go.

So, I have 1 Orange Sherbert plant, an Obama Kush, and two Blue Dreams.

First question, is concerning the spots on the Orange Sherbert. First it was one leaf and now they're on several. This was the best growing plant right away. Also, it has a number of leaves that are sort of twisting in a spiral fashion that looks a little unnatural. Hard to see in the pic. I don't think I'm over watering because I've waited until the soil is dry down to my knuckle. It actually was a full week between watering them. I watered when I transplanted into the 1 gallon pots, and then a week later.

For their routine, since they were under 24 hour lights in the dispensary, I've been weening them off 24 hour light with the intention that they'll be full time outdoors. So, right now, down to around 14 hours in the daylight, and then I put them in for an additional 8 hours under cfl and led's. I have two 300 watt galaxy hydro lights and some cfl's for the indoor rig. I just removed the cfl's last night though.

The soil is Black Gold Natural and Organic and I haven't added any additional nutrients.

The poor little Obama Kush I transplanted too early. It's continued to have droopy leaves, isn't growing much and doesn't seem to be drinking it's water like the other plants. However, just one spot on one of it's older leaves

The two blue dreams seem to have some pretty spindly leaves. There are also some brown marks on a few of the top leaves. These leaves don't feel very lush. Maybe a little dry and almost brittle, but not quite all the way brittle. In their pots, the black gold seems to be retaining the water quite well, so again, I haven't been watering very much, not until they're dry down to the knuckle.

The first time I noticed these spots on the Orange Sherbert as well as the Blued Dreams, was the day after watering them that second time, a week after transplant. This also happened to be the day after I added the 300 watt galaxy hydro lights, so I'm not sure if it is something in the water, or if I'm perhaps burning them. But I'm careful to feel how hot the lights are right at the plant, and make sure that they're not too hot.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by Jonk; 05-21-2017, 12:13 PM.

Welcome to the forum dude.......you might be light burning them.....with led it's about the intensity as well as heat, I would get those panels directly above about 18-24 inches above the top of your plants and see how they handle it, you can always move up or down after dude.......hope this helps.....happy growingπŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah dude, the orange spots look like spilled water on the leaves, if droplets are left they can magnify the light and burn the leaves

If these are photoperiod clones - they are getting too much light in my opinion. They should be on a 18/6 schedule and when summer happens - they will flip to flower all by themselves.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X