dark upper leaves pale lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dark upper leaves pale lower

My plants been growing for about a month and a half now. Was doing pretty well until a 2 days ago. I topped it then a couple of days later I noticed dark green upper leaves and pale lower. There's a little twisted growth but it seems to be growing about the same. I thought maybe it was ph but I watered it and checked, ph was 6.5. No nutes yet since it's been in its final container only a week. I'm growing in organic soil from walmart, in a 5 gallon buckett. Started inside under 8 23 watt cfl. Been outside for 2 weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can't get pictures to upload.

Comment

Reduce photo size!

Comment

Here they are. Thanks man.

Comment

Top looks like a nice colour of green but bottom looks like possible nitrogen deficiency. Might have been N deficient and it's only just starting to show but may stop spreading if there's enough nutes in the new soil.
          As for leaves tilted on the angle, they might just be following the light of the sun?
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• colitasking
            colitasking commented
            Editing a comment
            The new growth is twisted, it's hard to see. The leaves are twisting to the right and left. It didn't start yellowing until after I put it in the big bucket and I'm scared to death to give it any nutes too soon. Thanks for the help too.

How have you been watering it since the transplant? It may have been the shock of moving to a new pot. Has it been improving or getting worse now that it's had a day to recover? You mentioned that you have curly new growth. Is it only happening at the bottom of the leaves, like the leaf has an extra "finger" sticking up, almost like a thumb? I only ask because if that's the case, it's often a genetic thing, and not something to worry about if you don't see any other symptoms. If you're seeing full leaves have twisted growth, that is definitely not good. Since it is in a big new pot, I would also be really careful of not overwatering. Your plant may not need much water at all until it "gets going" again as far as putting out new leaves every day.

But honestly overall from the pictures your plant, especially the top, actually looks really healthy and vibrant

Comment

• colitasking
            colitasking commented
            Editing a comment
            It's actually getting worse, the bottom leaves are getting yellow between the margins now, almost like magnesium def. One leaf actually started getting brown crispy spots on it and died. It is still growing decent. The older leaves are not twisted it's the new growth. I water when the top 1 or 2 inches are dry. I'll post some more pictures. And thanks for the help, I really want to get good at growing eventually.

Comment

The new growth I can see actually looks pretty good! I see an odd leaf, but it looks like a mutation, not really a symptom.

Is it just that one lower leaf with the discoloration, or is it spreading to new leaves further up on the plant? Because if it's that same leaf from before that was already sick, but the other leaves look good, I wouldn't worry about it. The plant doesn't keep every leaf, and often gives up on the bottom ones especially after they stop getting as much light or if they're already deficienct.

Are your leaves shiny from something or is it just the pictures? Can we see an updated pic of the whole plant?

Comment

• colitasking
              colitasking commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I figured it out. I tested the ph with something different, and the ph was really high. I'm trying to lower it now, it was way over 7. In the first pic, that leaf is gone now, the last pics I posted are of a new leaf. I also watered it with some epsom salts. I'll post some more pictures. Once again thanks very much.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X