Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaves

Hey all
    I am a new grower trying to master the art but ive been having some doughts and probs would love some feedback please peeps.

As you can see i have a prob with yellowing leaves,started training today and noticed that the leaves are changing color , is there any organic way to fix the problems my girl has please?

I am growing in a small space with a diy setup ,CFL grow with one 75w and 4 20w's and a small fan blowing from the side, i am also growing in a organic potting mix thats not "hot" with a perlite mix 70/30

sorry guys trying to add a photo but it does not want to*

Comment

Hello Ysbeer, Try Refer to this > http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms-pictures

if you cant find your issue/solution then Comment again and try post some pictures? would be very helpful

Goodluck

Comment

Hello, if the forum isn't working for you, could you post a picture to Imgur.com? If you're using a phone, a lot of growers have had luck taking a screenshot first and then uploading, since that makes the picture take up less data. The forum won't accept really big pictures, and some phones save them really large.

I have an article about common causes for yellow cannabis leaves, which might help you: http://www.growweedeasy.com/why-cannabis-leaves-yellow

Have you been checking the pH? That's the most common reason to see nutrient deficiencies. What are your watering practices like? Is it possible you may be overwatering the plant (another common cause for yellow leaves especially in young plants). Is the temperature under 80°F?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170510_170044.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	4.80 MB
ID:	91367Click image for larger version

Name:	20170510_164157.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	91366

Hi guys ive been through the symtom photos and from what ive seen it might be n2 deficiency ,I have been checking the ph and always make sure it is 6-6.5
          the temp also never goes above 27C that is why i would just like to know what you peeps think please?

Comment

Might have to get nebula to confirm on this but it looks like a overwatering or roots problem. The plant does not look as erect as it should be. How often do you water ?
            Written Articles:
            Light Metric Systems
            Using Light Efficiently
            The Light Cycle Debate
            Environment Conditions
            Grow Light Technologies
            How To Compare Grow Lights
            To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
            Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
            Facebook
            Twitter
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Danofdanger View Post
              Might have to get nebula to confirm on this but it looks like a overwatering or roots problem. The plant does not look as erect as it should be. How often do you water ?
              as soon as the top soil is dry i water , also is it not sepose to look like that?
              i did some LST when i noticed the leaves maybe i did it wrong?
              Last edited by Ysbeer; 05-11-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

How often would you say you water them ? As long as you didnt break anything, you did nothing wrong with LST.
                To me the plant leaves should be more erect, they look droopy and puffy. Particular signs in overwatering, including the yellow leaves.
                If the topsoil looks dry, it may be very wet still underneath. You really have to put your finger in the soil and feel for the wet, only when its dry down to your first nuckle (two inches) should you water.

Written Articles:
                Light Metric Systems
                Using Light Efficiently
                The Light Cycle Debate
                Environment Conditions
                Grow Light Technologies
                How To Compare Grow Lights
                To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
                Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
                Facebook
                Twitter
                Instagram

Comment

Training looks wonderful! Overall your plant looks good!

27°C is a little hot, but not too bad, I doubt that's causing your problem. When you check the pH, are you also checking the pH of the runoff coming out the bottom? For example if you're putting it in at 6 and it's coming out at 7 you know that perhaps something is going on with the pH at the roots.

You mentioned you're growing in a regular potting mix without a lot of extra amendments. Have you added any nutrients yet? At this stage it's possible your plant has already started using up a lot of the nutrients in the soil. Once they use up the nutrients, they'll need you to either transplant them into fresh soil, or start giving them nutrients when you water them.

I also agree it looks a touch droopy. You might try waiting just an extra day or so between waterings and see if that helps the plant perk up. Did you take the pictures right before the lights went out (plants get a little droopy right before lights out)? BTW, when you listed your CFL wattages, were you talking about the "true watts" (electricity out the wall) or "equivalent" watts? The reason I ask is that sometimes plants look a little limp when they're not getting enough light, and when growers go by the "equivalent" wattages they often end up giving their plants less light than they realize. However, your plant has stayed relatively short and bushy, which is unusual if it hasn't been getting enough light. I just thought I'd throw it out there just in case it applies to you

Comment

Originally posted by NebulaHaze View Post
                    Training looks wonderful! Overall your plant looks good!

27°C is a little hot, but not too bad, I doubt that's causing your problem. When you check the pH, are you also checking the pH of the runoff coming out the bottom? For example if you're putting it in at 6 and it's coming out at 7 you know that perhaps something is going on with the pH at the roots.

You mentioned you're growing in a regular potting mix without a lot of extra amendments. Have you added any nutrients yet? At this stage it's possible your plant has already started using up a lot of the nutrients in the soil. Once they use up the nutrients, they'll need you to either transplant them into fresh soil, or start giving them nutrients when you water them.

I also agree it looks a touch droopy. You might try waiting just an extra day or so between waterings and see if that helps the plant perk up. Did you take the pictures right before the lights went out (plants get a little droopy right before lights out)? BTW, when you listed your CFL wattages, were you talking about the "true watts" (electricity out the wall) or "equivalent" watts? The reason I ask is that sometimes plants look a little limp when they're not getting enough light, and when growers go by the "equivalent" wattages they often end up giving their plants less light than they realize. However, your plant has stayed relatively short and bushy, which is unusual if it hasn't been getting enough light. I just thought I'd throw it out there just in case it applies to you
                    Hey Nebula

The wattage is true wattsbut im going to up the lights by the weekend, Ive since started the nutrients and she seems to be doing allot better and ive been checking the runoff aswell and there is a diffrance but not much , the ph is 6.3 when i add and 6.7 on the runoff?

However there are a few more quetions i would like to ask?
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Spots.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	94478Click image for larger version  Name:	Nodes.jpg Views:	1 Size:	418.4 KB ID:	94479

There is spots on some of the leaves, i have checked for spider mites with a magni and cant see any also there has been a fan on the plant since early veg cant seem to figure out what it might be so i thought id ask?

also as you can see the swollen nodes would like to know if i should be worried?

Thanks for the help thus far

Comment

The spots look pretty normal to me, I don't think I'd worry about that. They don't look like spider mites or bug bites. The enlarged nodes are actually a good thing. You'll see that happens whenever a plant starts putting more effort into a particular stem. Every main stem will eventually get like that at the base. I always think of it as the plant's "beefy arms" (Trogdor reference).

Comment

• Ysbeer
                        Ysbeer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's a relief coz I was worried it might be mites and really can't seem to find any but started treatment today just to be sure*
                        Also I thought the swollen nodes was signs of male pre flower because I was waiting for them to show but no sign of it yet*

Thanks for all the help!​​​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X