X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white tips around buds

somethings wrong
    i didn't see this in the Dx section

No pic Howard, is it light bleaching perhaps?

Comment

Thank you NakedGardner. It could be light-bleaching, and that would surprise me. That bud is about 2.5 feet away from the Viparspectra 1350.

Hopefully, you can see the picture now.
      I just learned that what I see on my screen is NOT what you see, and that dragging and dropping pictures from Gmail doesn't work in this forum.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I see it now and I too can understand your concern, lamp seems far enough away from them too but it’s just on the one cola correct? Not on any others. I’d still try moving light say a half foot up if you can.

• HowardWCampbell
        HowardWCampbell commented
        Editing a comment
        Naked, I did have a heat spike, when A/C and fans went out for 2 hours, but light was still on. Tent got up to 95. I bet that did that damage. I guess kelp time.
        DAAS69 brought up heat, and that reminded me of heat spike.

I just learned that I need a post to show "1 photo" or the picture is not there for others to see, and help me.

Comment

Looks like your light is way to low, raise it up some more, that must be a strong light !!! Or either ,it's way to hot in your tent.
        Good Luck with them, nice plants.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• HowardWCampbell
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I bet heat was the cause.
          I have had heat challenges, which a portable A/C fixed, until it blew a circuit breaker on my power strip, and my fans and AC were off with the light on for 2 hours, and my tent got up to 95 before I saw what happened.
          Now I have it plugged directly into the wall.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          If that is one of those 1350s, Vipars with a dimmer switch, I believe I would at least try that, if you dont want to raise your light, you sure don't want to bleach your buds.
          Good Luck

If you have a lux meter or even better a PAR meter I would check the amount t of light intensity they are receiving, as well not sure of your grow op size but it could be the light output that is doing it, more experienced growers hopefully will soon weigh in on this one.

Comment

• HowardWCampbell
          Editing a comment
          Just bought a Par Meter. Thank you for suggesting.

Ahh yes always plug portable ac units directly into grounded socket. Ok happy to help

Comment

Thank you all for your help.
          Plants are not showing continued symptoms. Fascinating how the damage of a 2-hour heat spike shows up 18 hours later. Will be feeding them kelp today.
          Par Meter is on it's way... Thank you Naked Gardner

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
            NAKEDGARDENER commented
            Editing a comment
            HowardWCampbell look up DrPhoton he is an expert at lighting solutions and might be able to send you vids of what you’re looking for.

• HowardWCampbell
            Editing a comment
            Thank you @NakedGardner
            My used PAR meter arrived non-functional. Downloadable PDFs for trouble-shooting suck. Returning today. Exploring other models since this model seems to be prone to dying. Thinking about buying this model new. Thinking. Grateful for the lead on educating myself.
            I am a bargain chaser.
            Thinking about buying new here https://www.horticulturesource.com/s...yABEgIAsPD_BwE

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey howard i have purchased HLG quantum board 600 watts. Not v2 though because i got it before the lights came out. If you buy that light form growerlights you can pay 25 bucks to have it pre assembled for you . I feel my quantum board does really well and is bright af. I also live in arizona and its a pain dealing with the heat. Wish i was in the mountains like you.

Bluelab are some of the best but very pricey

Comment

DROOPY-- One of these plants is not like the others. Looks like over-watering, soil is way more damp than any of the others. Huh. I must have watered this one twice. Sh*t. Dagnabbit.

Fortunately, the rest appear okay. Indoor AC is now working better, since I adjusted it's venting, so it's exhaust tube exits the tent 1.5 feet faster than before, and it is 2' shorter to the venting, so the heat of the duct touches the tent for less length.

Random notes, the inline fan silencer worked wonders more than the ducting muffler. But all that is largely moot with the noise of the AC unit. Diminishes my stealthness. So it goes.

Not looking bad for a first go at indoor gardening, but Not thriving. However, even without a Par Meter, I think my new Bestva sucks compared to the not-fully-working Viparspectra I sent back.

Indica... Looks like I only have one true Indica. I haven't known what I would get since most of these seeds were from the Buddha 10, assorted, unlabeled, unknown, feminized automatics. I don't mean to play favorites with my plants, and yet I do. My 2nd favorite has some purple in her flowers. I assumed she was all healthy, but she's slowed down in flower production, and now I worry that the purple in her leaves might be a sign of Potassium deficiency, as this one one of my fastest, tallest plants. I'm probably just a worry wort.

Random curiosity... Why does SPYDRx 680 say it is designed for indoor growing without CO2? Is because of their low heat, or because it would be dangerous to use CO2 near these lights? I emailed. Waiting. Gar.

Comment

Any chance you can take some pics under normal lighting???
              It's impossible to help with any diagnosis if all we can see is purple...
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• HowardWCampbell
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the suggestion.

Left plant, grew tall very quickly. Has not been adding to her flowers past few days. Appears droopy to me.
              Middle plant is one that appears to be recovering, I had a temperature spike to 95.
              Right plant started drooping yesterday. Drooping more today.

Comment

• HowardWCampbell
                Editing a comment
                Picture on the right... Mold? I hope not. I think it is residue from having sprayed the plants with fox farms flower kiss. I did have an environment too moist for a while. I was struggling with heat, and had the evaporative cooler going. Now with AC, I'm finally below 40% today, for the first time in 2 weeks.

3 gallon Smart Pot, which I didn't quite fill all the way, and the soil has settled. Next time I will use perlite, fill smart pots so they are brimming.

• HowardWCampbell
                Editing a comment
                Mold... Crap. I think it is mold. Sh*t.
                reading... https://www.growweedeasy.com/white-powdery-mildew

• HowardWCampbell
                Editing a comment
                SM90... what can I use in place of SM90, which my local nursery doesn't stock?
                Washing plant leaves now.

Powdery mildew... washed leaves, pruned dead and dying leaves, using what I could get at Ace Hardware... Bonide Neem Oil Organic

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...SABEgJYVPD_BwE

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X