Autos on day 50 and no sign of bud?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos on day 50 and no sign of bud?!

Hi just wondering if anyone out there can help me, I’m currently in the process of growing 5 blue dream autos from “cali seeds” and they are supposed to have a 7-9 week life span according to the description, I know that you add a few weeks on to that normally however I’m roughly 50 days Into the grow on an 18/6 schedule (1 x 400ww hps) with bloom nutes and everything else correct for cultivating autos and yet 50 DAYS LATER all I’ve got are 2 or 3 pistons in the “Y” sections of each node which I think are pre flowers but nothing more.....Is it possible that I have been sold a phenotype, as I’m sure normally autos would be showing some sort of flower by now not a few lonely white hairs... I’m wondering would it be worth risking it and going 12/12 and seeing if they flower? I’m really confuesed on what to do as I’m aware that autos need as much light as possible for the best result but I’m very uncertain on just how “auto” these blue dream auto seeds really are...

So long story short im on day 50ish from seed with a blue dream auto strain that is yet to flower and I’m looking for solutions to get it to flower! And opinions on whether it really is an auto afterall?!
    Last edited by Grxz98; 08-12-2018, 05:50 PM.

Well if they sent you the wrong seeds, you can always put it to 12/12 light and they should bloom?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

You didn’t let them veg but used bloom or red light instead of blue light it seems from your description, the 7 to 9 week period is talking of the flowering period, not the Vega state which you can do in four to five weeks, which is where you should be at now at 50 days

Our tip for this strain: If you’re looking to go from seed to harvest in a short period, Blue Dream is a great choice with her ability to easily double her height after switching to flowering. This means you can cut the veg period short and still get a fairly tall plant. On top of that, her flowering period is super speedy, and she can usually be harvested around 7-9 weeks. Theses are the seeds to buy if you want a massive yield and fast.

Comment

Yep, they done sent you the wrong seeds, been alot of that lately,
        Put them on 12-12 and within a week or 10days, they will be pistils everywhere.
        Good Luck with your plants,

Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help, so gutted they aren’t what i thought they were but kind of pleased that I now know what exactly to do.

Heres a few pics anyways before I switch to 12/12

Comment

This is probably day 50 exactly and litterly just starting to show a few white hairs now but no real bud forming so clearly can’t be an auto by the looks of things! Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

I am currently growing 2 super skunk autos from nirvana. Topped 1 , let the other grow naturally( outside in 5gal smartpots). The topped plant didn't show any sign of flowering until week 9. The other took 2 weeks more to show preflowers and kind of stayed that way for 2 weeks. The topped plant is fattening up nicely, the other is finally showing progress. According to nirvana both should be curing by now, topped plant is still a couple weeks from chopping, the other who knows? Every grow is a learning experience, I thought I was sent wrong seeds too, but things just took twice as long to happen.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                They sent you photo seeds instead of autos, the two autos I'm growing now are on day 61, and the are already 10percent amber.
                I've grown quite a few autos, and they all started flowering between day 19 and day 30.

Can someone please determine from these next pics whether or not it’s auto? I’m slightly worried they are in fact autoflowers and are just taking for ever? They have come this far on an 18-6 schedule and despite the extra long wait there has been some signs of flower and surely there would be no sign of flower at all if it was a phenotype on 18-6? sorry for constant questions but this is only my second grow and My first ever was with autos that flowered on time so I don’t have the experience to really know what I’m looking at, is it just pre flowers on a phenotype or the start of full on flower mode and it’s just a super slow auto if that’s even possible?!

Thanks again for all responses.

(As as you can see no more that 2-3 white hairs in each “Y” section but no bud structure yet just little feathery leaves)

Attached Files
              Last edited by Grxz98; 08-13-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

If those have been in veg for 6-7 weeks and all they are showing are pre flower, pretty much 100% that you have a photo strain. Flip to 12/12 and continue. Not the first time I've had this happen to me. Hope that this isn't signs of things to come from seed suppliers.
                WHAT???
                5x5 grow space
                900w of Vero's and F-strips
                4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Grxz98
                  Grxz98 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got these from the London seed center website but the breeder was called “cali seeds” so I’m not sure who would be to blame.

Ok will do, thanks for taking a look though! It’s helped having other people give me some more confidence in what to do as I would have most likely kept at 18-6 without all you guys help and who knows what would have happened...So once again thank you too everyone on the post!!

Comment

Yeah brother, those are preflowers, they sent you photos, them ain't autos.
                  Out of the last 8-10 autos i grew, only half of them were autos,
                  I learned my lesson though now and don't buy auto seeds anymore unless the come in original packages with lot numbers on them, if they come in those little blister packs with abbreviations on them, ain't no telling what you getting.
                  But the seed banks were nice and sent extra replacements, the good seed people want you to call them, when something is wrong, and they are glad to replace them.
                  But when you order autos, that's what you want, is autos, not photos, hell i like them too, but brother are they slow.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X