New light problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New light problems

This is my 3rd indoor grow, I purchased a Black Dog 400 and I'm also using a viparspectra 450 (210 watts) I have this lights almost side by side in a 4x4 tent in fox farm soil smart pots and growing 4 vanilla kush temp with lights on 82° and lights off 74° with humidity around 50 percent and they are almost 3 weeks old they get watered the same at the same time and same amount but the two plants almost directly under the viparspectra are healthy growing plants the two directly under the Black Dog aren't so healthy and are slow growing I think I had the BD light to close at 27" so I moved it to 30" and no change i emailed BD they said use their hanging height calculator on web site and if the plants aren't rooted to put the light at 40" so it's at 38" and no real difference i started the plants by seed in the smart pots at first everything was fine at 27" until week 2 what I'm i missing is the Black Dog light that strong BD charts say in a 4x4 the hanging height in veg is I think 21" or 29". I got 2 pictures one of the health plants under the viparspectra and the other unhealthy plant under the BD the only nutes I'm using so far is fox farm big bloom. Thanks for any help and suggestions I'm pulling my hair out!!!! Bob

I'm not an expert so not positive what's wrong but you're plant under the BD looks like the leaves are smooth edged, not serrated like one under the viparspectra. How is your light cycle? Almost looks like the one under the BD has revegged. That is when it starts to flower but then goes back to veg.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Lights are 18 on 6 off they are in a light sealed tent they almost look water logged to me because they are curling under ph is good it's just weird that they are all treated the same except the light the two under the viparspectra are getting light from the BD but from the side not directly under it the light being to close is all I can think of. Thanks for your reply Bob

Comment

They are only 3 weeks old vanilla kush they all popped up about the same time Bob

Comment

Well, if you want to see if it's the light-swap plants and see if it happens to the others.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Right that's what I was thinking but the other two look so healthy I don't want to ruin or hurt them but I might try it, the BD is at 38" I've never seen a light that had to be that far away, it pisses me off that a $1000 light is killing my plants and the $140 light is growing the plants perfect but maybe they will come out of it at 38".

Comment

Are they autofems? Also, im not sure of the brand of lights your using...led or mh? I know at 10 days old my WW autos dwarf them. I was at 24/7 light schedule and just now changed to 20/4. I also keep lights between 8-10" off, but I run 600w LED 3 spectrum. Let us know

Comment

No autos vanilla kush from Barneys with a Black Dog 400 (420 watts) led and viparspectra 450(21watts) the viparspectra is about 20" away with both bloom and veg switches on. I have used the viparspectra twice and know how close I can get it but the black dog is new

Comment

You've got me then bud. Wish I coulda been more help. My indoor girls are autos and my outdoor are random sativas. Here...I just took this pic for you. You can see how I set mine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Those are nice hope my 2 snap out of it soon.

Comment

What kind of pots and what size I like those handles smart pot I got have handles but not like yours.Bob

Comment

I got 12 of them on Amazon for like $10. They're 3 gallon. Even my outside plants are in them. They're good for 3-5 years and super sturdy. I'll go to my acct and snap a pic and send it to you...brb

Comment

Here ya go...I thought I spent less, but still worth it
                          Attached Files

Comment

Anybody out there use Black Dog Led a 400? BOB

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X