Leaves look funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Leaves look funny

First time medicinal grower here. My plants seem to be growing strong. They keep getting taller, but some of the leaves are having trouble. I used a mixture of organic Kellogg patio plus soil and organic miracle grow potting soil. They're light is pure sunshine as they're outside. Water is tap and I tend to have chlorine smell in my water. Thank you.

Hi Mclnky,
    The first thing I would do. is check real close and rule out a bug problem, a jewlers Loupe helps a lot.

Those spots look most like either Nutrient issues, or possibly Nutrients/ water that spilled on the leaves and burned them.
    That city water is bad for them with the chlorine. You can keep a couple jugs with the tops off handy, which you just leave sit for a day to let the chlorine burn off.
    I had to start doing this when I was on town water. Then I got to wondering. If the chlorine is bad for the plants, what about me? I started filtering all my water with a Katadyn filter, and within two weeks, all the headaches I was having, got WAY better. The terrible stomach aches I had nearly went away.

I looked up the Kellogs, and doesn't look to bad from what they say. Though no telling what might be in the "Post consumer wood scraps, and orchard waste" as far a pesticides.
    Miracle Grow didn't say what was in there soil, and I'e always been inclined not to trust there products, especially for growing medicine.

I grow organically in soil, and have great results feeding my plants about an inch of worm castings on top of the soil every couple weeks, whenever they look hungry. Side dressing with a very small amount of Bat Guano in vedge, and again at the start of flowering, seems to be really good for producing buds, and mine seem to really like it. Once in a while I give them some fish emulsion during vedge, or a little composted manure early on.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you may need to ease off watering just a bit, check out the Tutorial on watering, that Nebula has posted. If you follow what she say's, you will be in great shape as far as that goes.

Hear's a pick of my plants that I grew with basically that "Nute schedule" this summer. all but one were planted early May. I did add a little bit of bone meal, and I water with this airrated, earth worm casting/ molasses "tea" I make. but most of what I have fed them, is just earth worm castings. Pics are from about 3 weeks ago.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Greenhouse took the words out of my mouth...lol. I use the same soil as he does. One thing I do is keep a couple buckets outside to gather rain water to have on hand for my indoor grow. I then keep it in clean two ltr bottles. It does look like burn on the leaves. Are you using a metal halide bulb? Indoor, the only liquid that ever touches my girls is when I'll do a light spray of watered down fish emulsion. I never let water gather on my leaves. I'll just flick it off. Like greenhouse said, worm casting and guano is awesome. Good luck

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

@Todd all the light they get is sunshine, nothing but sunshine.

I haven't watered them in two days and they seem fine. One has gotten 6 inches taller in that time but the new leaves are still doing the same thing. Not as bad, though still visible. I have 4 little fellows as well that seem to be growing strong they're going to get some castings. I bought some earthworm castings and the Kellogg soil has bat guano in it. I'm also growing tomatoes in the Kellogg soil and they love it as does my eggplant (which has been a new growing/learning experience in terms of growing from seedlings) I'm disabled and on an extremely limited budget so I'm doing the best I can with what I have.

Comment

Same here...I'm a C6-7 quad. I'm about as cheap as you can get...lol

Comment

I hope growing gives ya the same peace and blessings it's given me. I started smoking a little weed again, after my last string of head injury's, and it really helped me out, but not as much as growing and having my garden have. It does so much for me when life feels likes it's trying relentlessly to kick my ass, my grow room is my therapy room!

Try putting together a worm bin, it's really not that hard at all, a big plastic tote with a bunch of holes drilled in it, works great. I have gotten my earth worms from Uncle Jims Worm Farm, and he has some good info on raising earth worms. They basically eat uncooked kitchen scraps like coffee grounds, egg shells, and vegetable scraps. There bedding can be leaves, or torn up plain cardboard, or paper egg cartons, they really take very little to make the worlds finest fertilizer, and it's less stuff that has to use up space in a land fill.

Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X