Is this damping off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this damping off?

Theses seedlings have been up for about 2 days now. I noticed white fuzz at the very base of one of them. I hope the picture shows it. Is this concerning? I have a feeling it might be. I vented the tent to get some moving air in there.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

I could not see the 'fuzz' that You are referring to, but most likely, it it the root 'hairs' growing out. I will say that the 'stretchiness' of the sprouts would indicate that the light is too far away and making the little girls stretch too much.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I almost forgot, You might take a closer look with a loupe to see what is going on and if You could get a closer photo would help as well.

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the light about 12 to 13 in a way. It is a 60-watt 32k CFL bulb. It feels pretty warm. I should move it closer still?

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Greenpassion, I have been using six 55 watt CFL bulbs (per planter) and I keep them about six inches from my seedlings and have not had any problems, just do not let the plants get within two inches of the bulbs.

I would tuck there roots into the soil all the way, but it could be different with your medium. When you go to "transplant" bury them most of the way up that stem, they will grow more roots from it, and will make the plant more stable. They do look like they need more light to me, as well. I go pretty close with CFLs when I use them, like a couple inches, but I may have a different wattage then yours, careful not to give them heat stress. What is the temp right above your leaves? Could possibly get a fan blowing across the bulbs (but not the seedling though).
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      It shouldn't get too hot under cfls I use 100watt leds and 90 watt cfls inches away. I use the hand test never had a problem.

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, that's what I thought to, Chef.

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Tomorrow I will take my humidity Monitor and put it where the seedlings are to see what the temp is. I'm having difficulty keeping the temps under 84 degrees in the room that I had my auto and the seedling tray. And this is with several fans moving the are pulling cool air conditioned air in from another room !!

I don't think 84 f is really all that bad, a little on the warm side but is still within range. Nebula say's 70-85 f for vedge, and I believe 86 is when the heat starts to interfere with plant processes.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      But these are Auto. And they are all beginning to flower, and my understanding is that 84 is too warm for that. I need to figure something out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X