Autoflower, what to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoflower, what to do next?

Hi peeps i have problem, . I have 3 Auto's planted about the same time (70-72 days ago)

I'm not sure on my next step, do i wait a little longer? the buds seem small, not big at all or is this how they are supposed to be. I saw high temperature could be the factor in causing small buds. With a greenhouse grow i don't think i have too much control over that. Any guidance/direction would be greatly appreciated. The pic's dont really do it justice, but im getting little orange hairs and there is alot of little buds, but nothing big.

Those hair look pretty white still. Lots more time yet. Use a jewlers loop to determine harvest time. If you cant afford it, when 90% are red or brown.

It will fatten up in the last few weeks.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	233392
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

The swell is still to come. Looks great.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
          Jibblerjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          When's pistils start turning got 2 to 4 weeks left.

Ok, thanks guys for the feedback, i'll give it another week or 2.

Comment

This was a great article in sept issue of high times. I use a jewlers loop also, it's a cheap buy for $6 on Amazon. The others are telling you the true story. Those are nice buds going there. Your at the exciting phase now. Keep a close eye on the trichromes because that's what's going to determine the THC content is your harvest date. Those are going to be dense buds too, so be careful when drying. The more dense the higher chances of getting mold on your buds when drying. Good luck bud

Comment

Retodd , Jibblerjoe , Chefbjy , Qwertywill

Hey Peeps, i promise it's not impatience heh, i just want to time it right, 1 of of my plants seem's to have browned a bit and its curling. I Kind of wanted to hit the 50-70% range but i still see white hair;s and the buds have not swelled a great deal (i believe). I have some pic's can i get any advice what to do next, if you think i should wait a little more, or go for cutting. Im also unsure if its worth cutting the bits that are brown, and keeping the rest of the buds to get to the same stage or cutting the whole plant itself. Sorry for the lowby questions, thanks for your time.

Comment

• el12341234
              el12341234 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sup bud, ya it is a purple plant, "DarkDevil" i believe its called.
              Last edited by el12341234; 08-13-2018, 05:16 PM.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey man, yeah Doubledealing72 and Blazed227, have grown that sweet seeds DarkDevil, on here before, and they turned out beautiful, unless your plant has been under great conditions, she ain't ready yet, she's should get much fatter in the last 2-3weeks,
              If she was mine I wouldn't give her nothing but molasses an water until harvest time.
              Maybe them other dudes will be on here that's grown them before, to help you better. I've grown several SweetSeeds plants before, and I ain't never had one finish in 70days, I'm growing one right now called CrystalCandy but she ain't but 23days old.

• el12341234
              el12341234 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok man, thanks for the reccomendations, mine now are about 80-82 days, i'm more than happy to wait longer if that is an option, there is a few fresh white hairs through. So maybe its the best thing to do thanks again.

I grew devil cream in my last run, a mix between dark devil and black cream. Those buds do look a little thin, but I see most of the hairs are orangish. If you still see a decent amount of white hairs, they aren't ready. Generally speaking, there shouldn't be any white hairs left, but looking at the trichomes should paint a better picture on how close to harvest you are.

It is possible that dark devil just grows like that. Look up Dr grinspoon (I think that's the name of the strain) to see what I'm talking about. The calyces just seem to grow spindly-like.

I would wait at least another week before making the decision to chop it. See if it bulks up or not. I don't think you are by any means past the harvest window. Hope this rambling helped!
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
              Doubledealing72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just checked out some dark devil photos online. Some do kind of look spindly, but a lot have pretty thick looking nugs. So it could be the particular seed you got, or something to do with the environment as to what's causing your buds not to get as bulky as you were hoping for. How warm was it getting in your green house?

Excellent, thanks for the info dude. Unfortunately my environment has not been as controlled as i would like it to be, due to money problems and have been relying heavily on the weather. Generally, when i open it up the greenhouse is at about 30 degrees, it has chopped and changed alot the last week, from as low as 18 to 36, when i open it all up and air it out, it generally stays around the mid to low 20's, at night when i close up, its usually just under 20, the humidity lays around 40-60% ive seen it as high as 70, and the real hot summer i had had it as low as 10%. I can just now afford a fan (lithium battery), and a paraffin/kerosene heater to get my temps right, then il be skint again heh.

My other 2 auto's seem to be suffering the same fate, of small buds. but they still have a little bit of white on em. The other 2 smelt gorgeous not long ago, and seem to not be as potent. however still a fair bit of white, this particular one seems to have leapfrogged them in maturing the quickest. The leaves are starting to go a different somewhat more pale color, only a few though.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X