Stem splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem splitting

Split stem , has anyone out there ever have to deal with stem splitting and can time be repaired??

Yeah, you can tape it up.
    She will be fine if it's not to bad.
    Have you got any pictures?
    Rickm564
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Use some duct tape or elecrtical tape when it happens. It will heal.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Grafting tape works best. Scotch tape is easier to remove then duct tape or electrical tape. Medical tape isn't bad to use either. Cloning gel or aloe on the wound before taping it will help it heal faster.you can even make a splint. They are resilient plants.

I've read a recent article about stem splitting used as a technique to increase thc trichs and bud density. If anyone is subd to ILGM they should know what I'm talking about 😉. It takes practice and isn't for the novice growers...but thinking of trying it on a grow in the future. It may have originated in China. You basicly cut a hole in the stem and use chopsticks to split the stem in the last week of flowering. Sending your plant into overdrive with loads of repair receptors such as thc. Experienced growers only 😃.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          I have heard pull the plant out of the soil or grow medium and torch root tips just prior to hanging (onviously hang the whole plant)

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes basicly it's like driving a nail through the base of the branches. It's a little more delicate then that sounds. You puncture the stem with a sharp knife and split the stem sticking the chopsticks through.

someone on here told me they drill 3 holes through the stem instead of splitting

Comment

Thanks guys that took a load off , I'm growing in the greenhouse ,my girls are still in veg they are out growing the house so I started pulling the taller branches down ,I tied the branches that split and they seem to be doing well

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            Also check out the tutorial on Super Cropping, as another tool for that. Just started doing that with my girls, since they are reaching for the plastic!
            Whatever you do, don't let them grow up against your plastic, or even get super close to it. I have seen other greenhouse growers throw away Lot's of bud because they got against the plastic and got frost bite and bud rot. If the plants are going to get super big, think about just cleaning out all that little stuff in the bottom middle of your plant, and keeping the bud sites toward the outside and top of the plants, where they can get plenty of light, and a good breeze to help prevent mold problems.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X