Brown Spots on Leaves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Brown Spots on Leaves!

Hello everyone, I am a first time grower who is currently experiencing a problem with my plant! Let me give you all the info I have!

I'm growing Northern Lights auto flowering, hydroponically in the aerogarden bounty.

my pH is steady around 6.0
    The Temperature is 80 degrees
    The humidity is at 43%
    I am on day 19
    light cycle is 20/4

I have two plants, as you shall see in the pictures. The plant on the left is developing nasty looking brown/rusty/burnt looking Marks on it...while the other plant (which is growing in the same Reservoir) has no markings on it what so ever! Which is confusing me, because I would think both plants (if it's a problem with nutes/pH) would both have the same disgusting brown spots. But I don't know, like I said I am new to this lol.

Anyway, people told me its nute burn, wind burn, Heat stress, pH is off, need more CalMag....ect ect ect. So while searching for causes online, I came across this website and I got the impression that its filled with knowledgeable people, so I figured I should ask here for help!

so any ideas?

Are you using CaliMagic?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

idk man, looks like PH problem. just my opinion. like you said weird both plants don't have same symptoms. humidity may be a little low. should be prob 60 - 70 %
    Last edited by marpolo; 07-15-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

The same reservoir. The second plant looking so good means there is enough food. If it was bugs, it would be on both plants my now.
      I would compare the roots to see if they are all the same white color, and confirm that the air supply to the roots is equal for both plants.
      This plant is not taking up one, or more than one, needed element. Calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and potassium all come to mind form looking at it.
      The sick plant is taller and more developed than the healthy plant?

Baring some environmental component that is unknown, this plant probably has a root problem, or it is just a weak example of genetic cross breading, or perhaps I am all wet and it is something totally different.

I am curious to see what others may come up with, but being in the same water (assuming with the same level of aeriation, light, etc) it is not your nutrient mix, or PH.

I would go after the roots and the aeriation to confirm all is well there. Bottom line, I think it is the roods.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• DubaJuiceXo1
        DubaJuiceXo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The plant with the spots is way bigger than the healthy one. The roots look fine to me, they are white with a bit of discoloration from the nutes I thought. The roots don't feel slimy and they smell fine. I'm at work right now, but I will get a pic of the roots for everyone to see.

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        If the roots are good, which they appear to be, and the aeriation is good, I am stumped.

• DubaJuiceXo1
        DubaJuiceXo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too flock lol. Like we said...if it was something wrong with the pH or nutes...it should be making the other plant look bad as well. Could it just be bad genetics of that particular seed? I have no clue lol

Here is a pic of ththe roots. They have a slight discoloration which from what I have read, happens from the nutes.

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Those roots look awful good to me.
        One more thing (I just can't seem to give up). In the third picture I seem to be seeing the very bottom leaves are very bad, and then there is about a node worth of good leaves, and then a node worth of bad leaves, and then the top looks better. It is almost like there were two events that caused this, and perhaps with better looking top leaves the plant is still fighting.

• DubaJuiceXo1
        DubaJuiceXo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah the bottom/older leaves are the worst looking. All the new growth looks fine for a while, but then I will start to see the spots faintly start to show up lol. I have no clue what the deal is. I'm not upset or mad. I'm fascinated by it. This is all a learning experience for me, so I'm just trying to soak up as much info as I can.

Could it be possible that I just got a bad seed? Are some plants destined to fail from the start lol? I feel like I'm not really doing anything too wrong, as seen with the other plant.

It keeps growing and getting bigger, I'm gonna try my best to help it!

• DubaJuiceXo1
        DubaJuiceXo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        And also the 3rd pic. The leaves in the middle are younger than the ones above it. They popped out after the leaves above it started to go brown. Not sure if that's normal lol.

Hi Duba,welcome to the sick plant club ,I'm a first time hydro grow and have been going through the same thing ,had root rot ,Ph up and down ,dealing with high humidity blabla ,it's a great learning curve mate and from what I've learned a matter of getting the balance right ,I'm slowly starting to get it right (I think ).There's an amazing amount of knowledge here ,good luck mate .

Comment

• DubaJuiceXo1
        DubaJuiceXo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been fun so far!

I don't grow in hydro but one thing no one has asked about is the water temp in your reservoir. 65-70 f is the target. What is your water temp? Are you getting enough air to the roots? Any light getting into the res? Are you using hydroguard?
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• DubaJuiceXo1
        DubaJuiceXo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Temp is at 71. I have an airstone in there, but just bought a bigger one. I have all the holes covered up so no light can get to the roots. And I JUST bought hydroguard online, after I thought it might of been a root issue, but it hasn't arrived yet.

also should I be worried about the "healthy" plant not being as tall as the unhealthy one? It is getting wider/bushier but not taller lol. Its freaking me out.

Comment

It's been a few days. Both plants still growing. The one on the right is getting more bushy by the day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X