Flowering PH problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering PH problems

Mid first week of flower (one plant), using FF trio on the flowering schedule. I'm still seeing what looks like a cal-mag deficiency on some leaves...and my runoff PH is way off. Yesterday I tested and it was down at 4-something, I flushed with a light nute mixture to bring it up to 6.5-ish. Today I watered again and my runoff PH was going down again (it's around 5). Could my soil PH be the problem? My watering PH is 6.5-7 and things look healthy except for the cal-mag problem.

I don't want to raise my nute PH too high to compensate, nor do I want to end up flushing every few days to normalize it (my tent is too small to water to runoff effectively so in order to flush I have to take her out of the tent and into the bathtub). Is there a soil amendment that will raise PH, or can I transplant into a different soil at this point?
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

If you're going to transplant you don't have long. I've seen this before on my first grow with ffof. How much calmag are you adding?

You can use a fast acting lime to raise ph follow directions on product. If you have room in the top of the pot you can add some fresh ffof and it may balance it out after a couple waterings.

This is likely a sign nitrogen is being depleted in my thoughts on this brand of soil. Likely p and k are now being leeched which may cause a slight deficiency of ca mg. Of course this is my personal experience and thoughts behind the lowering of ph. I would also reduce run off when adding nutes most flower nutes are very low in nitrogen. A worm casting tea could help if it's low on n as I suspect. Coconut water/powder, hear that helps regulate any nutritional imbalances in the soil. But without a pic I couldn't make any definitive suggestion about deficiency.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      My comment wasn't exactly true and I tried deleting it 😆
      Last edited by Chefbjy; 07-12-2018, 05:11 PM.

WeirdWiredWolf , There a product called Recharge, that does a great job of keeping your PH, in the proper zone, plus it does alot of other good stuff.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I'm adding 5mg calmag...I lost my "real" nute syringe for a week or so so was using a 1mg eyedropper for a few feedings; that may have resulted in things being off a touch but not this much I'd think. Not a lot of room in the top of the pot, could I remove some of the existing soil and add new? I'm leaning toward not even trying a transplant; maybe for my other plant which is still in veg (and TBH looks healthier).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3715.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	398.6 KB
ID:	225757Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3714.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	225758Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3717.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	756.7 KB
ID:	225759

****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Idk my roots are so thick on top I can barely stick my finger in it to check moisture but couldn't hurt to try. I've never used recharge but D.A.A.S says it helps correct ph...do you know ppm of run off? The 2nd pic looks like there's bugs on it and I'm not sure that it's a deficiency now. Check for pests as well as correct the ph problem. Lime will raise the alkalinity for sure.

I see what looks like bugs in the 2nd picture too. Look slightly down and to the right of center. what are those 4 little brown specs?
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        I counted 7 there's some in the middle just right of that.

I'm 99% sure those specks are soil (said leaves are pretty close to soil level even when I tie the branch up), but given that I had her in a windowsill before going in the tent...yowza that's all I need. I can check for sure with a loupe tomorrow.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X